INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zones zones zones  (Read 1177 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Zones zones zones
« on: March 11, 2007, 04:42:32 am »

Recently I got a new mainboard with a Realtek HD integrated soundcard. I had never worked with zones, but I read this system supported multiple streams simultaneously. In Audio system properties I noticed 'Main', 'Digital' and '2nd output' and in Mediacenter I could choose these under Output/Device. Long story short I created three zones, Desk Speakers, Receiver and headphones. All three can play simultaneously to the designated output. Very cool!

Of course I'm one happy dude but I'm not typing all this to brag about my new board. I actually got a question too. Can I setup the display (using split function perhaps?) to simultanously display the different zones?

If I can't, can I setup hotkeys or quickbuttons for the three zones?

JONCAT

Re: Zones zones zones
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 05:35:40 am »

I don't know about hotkeys, someone else can chime on that, but you can add an icon to the Toolbar at Top or Bottom, Zones, and it will have a drop down menu with your Zones in it.

As for displaying them I don't see why you couldn't have a tab for each zone, should work fine. Just switch tabs, then switch zones. EDIT - nope doesn't work this way; may be a handy feature to request though.

Can someone clarify the sync feature; what is the timing offset in ...milliseconds? Never seems to sync up right for me, but I have only fiddled with it a bit.

DC

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 05:55:29 am »

Why would I need to sync? What is getting out of sync and why does it happen?   :-\

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 07:28:14 am »

Use Ctl-T to switch zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up