INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiences using Multichannel sound built in Motherboard  (Read 4109 times)

mantry

Experiences using Multichannel sound built in Motherboard
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:28:01 am »

Howdy, does anyone have experience (GOOD/BAD) using a Motherboard that has a Multi channel built in audio.

I'm looking to build a PC that is dedicated to feeding Audio to our RUSSOUND whole home audio system.  I would like to have 3 channels of output to the home audio system.  My initial idea was to get a motherboard that had a built in multichannel audio that I could then Media Center to configure as zones.  For example: Zone 1  (LF/RF), Zone 2 (LR/RR), Zone 3 (LS/RS) or something to that effect.

Has anyone gotten this to work?  Has anyone NOT gotten this to work.  I'd hate to buy a Motherboard only to load it into a system, load the operating system, etc, etc, then only to find out that MC will not configure it as seperate zones.

I think I read in one of these topics that WINDOWS needs to show the audio devices as seperate windows Sound devices and in order to do this it needs to be done in the audio drivers for that sound device.  This makes me a little nervous when you mention that in the same sentance as built in audio... :-)

Thanks in advance!!!
Mark

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Experiences using Multichannel sound built in Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:12:18 am »

I own a Asus P5W DH Deluxe. It has an integrated Realtek HD dolby bla bla 8 channel with analog, coax and optical outputs. It also supports a front panel output and can simultaneously output to all of them, so you can setup multiple zones in MC12. It also supports sensing so it detects when you plug something in and pops up a box asking you to configure it.

Chad

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 02:51:00 pm »

How many zones can you get set up with something like that? 

- Chad

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 08:31:07 am »

Three. Rear analog output, rear digital output and analog side/front output.

But see my other post because I am having a few minor issues.

speedbump49

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:40:35 pm »

Mark, As you posted back in March you likely have moved forward with your Russound project. I am also using a Russound Cav6.6. I can validate some info. Here is my post from another thread:

I have the Realtek HD chip on my Acer, I'm using Vista Ultimate. So far I am able to only find a way to drive two zones (analog). First zone from the rear 5.1 outputs (any jack), and a second zone for the front jack. (I suppose a third comes from the digital out, but digital is not useful in my application). So my question to the group is, has any one been able to to support more than two zone's with MC and this HD Realtek audio sub-system? It seems on the surface that I should be able to get a zone to support rear speakers and a zone to support front speakers from the 5.1 rear outputs, but when I do this I get inter-mixed audio of each MC zones to one audio output and none for the others (front output remains independent). 
Any one have suggestions on expanding the audio zones with this setup.

My next option appears to be to add a USB sound device.

Cheers,
-mw

speedbump49

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:47:18 pm »

Mark, I replied to your post from last March. I also have a Russound, are you using Netremote/mediabridge by any chance? I'm trying to get multiple mediabridge zones to function on one system but have not had success so far. Any advice or comments from your setup would be excellent.
Thanks in advance.
-mw
Pages: [1]   Go Up