INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12, iPod not recognized  (Read 1037 times)

thosj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC12, iPod not recognized
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:30:48 am »

Two days ago I synced my G3 iPod just fine with MC12. Today, I connect it, MC12 says "Your iPod could not be properly identified. Please check for an updated version of Media Center. iPod type ", ", 0, 0. This is in Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I don't think I changed anything. The iPod has worked fine since I installed Vista and MC12. I tried resetting the iPod, Lock on/off, hole Menu/Play. That didn't work. Tried rebooting, restarting MC12. Not sure what else to try.

I just went to another computer, also Vista, also MC12, and the iPod was recognized just fine, so it's just this computer/MC 12 install, apparently NOT the iPod itself.

Is there anything else I can try to get it to work again on this computer?

thosj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MC12, iPod not recognized
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:24:12 am »

Ah, never mind! The iPod used to be H:\, which is in the middle of my drives what with card readers in the Dell monitor and all. For whatever reason, the iPod decided to become M:\ and I had a network drive mapped to M:\. I manually changed the drive letter of the iPod back to H:\ and all's well. Not sure why this decided to happen, but at least I'll know where to look if it happens again. I did change the mapped drives to not be on the end of the physical drives, so perhaps now if the iPod did decide to "move" to M:\ it might be OK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up