INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I need to Re init and Reload iPod after upgrading to MC12 ?  (Read 1219 times)

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck

I tried to just sync it but it wants to reload everything and it says that there is not enough room....

Do I just start over???

Thanks

Jim

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: Do I need to Re init and Reload iPod after upgrading to MC12 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 08:20:36 pm »

I know there have been changes in iPod syncing in MC12.  It is more sophisticated than prior versions.  Also, Apple keeps changing the iPod db, so MC always has to adjust.  I think the best way forward is to get a fresh start.

I suggest you:
1) Make sure your iPod firmware is current. Unfortunately you need to use iTunes for this. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes.
2) Initialize the iPod in MC (this will delete all of the files) or do an iPod restore from iTunes
3) Do a full sync with MC12.

After this you should be fine.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Do I need to Re init and Reload iPod after upgrading to MC12 ?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 12:39:53 pm »

I've recently started playing around with an ipod video and MC12. I had itunes installed as well just to check it out (note thats HAD, what a junk that is) . Itunes said the ipod needed to be reinitialized. I did (I knew it would be empty) and uploaded a few files.

I switched to MC12 and MC crashed. After that, Itunes would no longer recognize the ipod. I had to rename the itunesdb file and MC12 was able to reinitialize it again. I'm just now uploading my library with MC12 again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up