INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realtek HD onboard issues  (Read 4126 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Realtek HD onboard issues
« on: April 15, 2007, 08:29:59 am »

Hey guys,

I hope someone might be able to help with 2 issues I'm having, zones and random ticks in playback.

First zones. Every once in a while all zones configured in MC12 (3, pcspeakers, digital to receiver, side to headphones) start to ouput to the default output (pcspeakers). I still don't know how to fix this except to click around, change default, change MC12 playback to wavemapper and back to the zone output and suddenly things start outputting correctly again. This is very annoying.

Then #2, during playback I regularly hear once or twice during a track, depending on how busy the pc is (it IS load related) I hear a tick very similar to old record players tick. I hear it most often when I minimize something, activate something, copy/paste, and it gets worse when I have something running that eats a lot of cpu cycles. Also I verified its not in the tracks themselves by going back in the track and replaying the same part. The tick will be gone. When the pc is not doing anything but MC playing, there are hardly no ticks if any. I tried increasing buffering to no avail. The ticking only happens in analog outputs. When outputting digitally to my receiver I don't hear them. I tried playing with output bits and sampling rate to no avail, I have yet to try in MC12 to match that same configuration and see if that helps.

I recently updated drivers to get rid of skipping but that introduced the zone errors (at least, I don't remember having it before the update).

Any tips are welcome.
Ingemar.

speedbump49

Re: Realtek HD onboard issues
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:26:10 pm »

I have the HD Realteck chip on my Acer, I'm using Vista Ultimate. So far I am able to only find a way to drive two zones (analog). One zone seems to be all I can drive from the 5.1 outputs on the rear of the system, and a second zone for the front. (I suppose a third comes from the digital out, but digital is not useful in my application). So my question to the group is, has any one been able to to support more than two zone's with MC and this Realteck HD audio system? It seems on the surface that I should be able to get a zone to support rear speakers and a zone to support front speakers, when I do this I get mixed audio of both zones coming out the out the front speakers.  Any one have suggestions on this?
Cheers,
-mw

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Realtek HD onboard issues
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 06:31:47 am »

Try a search for 5.1 here and at google.  I think there is also a Windows setting you need to get right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up