INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize Current View for Playlist  (Read 1183 times)

NoBS

• Recent member
Customize Current View for Playlist
« on: April 22, 2007, 01:06:57 am »

Is it possible to add a Playlist view when browsing files under detail view?
The goal is to have a quick look up for each file attached to which playlist(s)

Just installed your trial and I’m very impressed so far. Audible book support and the ability to rename DRM *.aa files are easy (WMP11 sucks!) is a deal maker IMHO.

I also love the fact that Playlist can have unlimited sub-PL which is a god send under multi-book series

Thanks for your time.
What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Customize Current View for Playlist
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:10:04 am »

You can open the Action Window > Tag display in the lower left corner. One of the default tags is a list of playlists. In addition you can expand the playlist display (click on the Playlists tag item) and easily change the playlist associations.

The currently available MC12 build has a bug that makes the AW>Tag>Playlists window unnecessarily scan the smartlists. The display becomes very slow if you have complex and/or many smartlists. JRiver has already fixed this and the next public build should be fine.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

NoBS

• Recent member
Re: Customize Current View for Playlist
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 09:27:04 am »

Thanks for the fast response Alex B
Still learning as I go...
The hope was to be able to sort >6K files where some songs are in up to 5 Playlist can be viewed under file name details, but also view files which are not associated to a playlist.
This would require the playlist to be included as an option in “Columns” or "Customized Current View" in the "Add.../Field".
 I suspect this might be possible under “Expression Editor”, but alas that would mean a basic knowledge of simple query.
Well, simple am I… a simple noob  ;)

So far the ability to control MC12 is quite impressive and over whelming for this clueless user  ?

What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.
Pages: [1]   Go Up