INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now View Settings Sort Ignored  (Read 698 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Playing Now View Settings Sort Ignored
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:29:10 pm »

I'm a recent convert to JRiver Media Center after hearing lots of good things about it over the years.  I'm very happy with it with one exception which relates to how sorts work (or don't) in the Playing Now view.

My preference is to keep the Playing Now view sorted by Artist / Album / Disc# / Track# regardless of whether it is playing in random order.  So I went into View -> View Settings -> Customize Current View and set the Sorting to reflect my choice.  No matter what I do there, the Playing Now view seems to ignore my selections for Sorting.  I can make it sort the way I want by clicking on the column headers in reverse order, but I have to do this every time I start Media Center up.

I read somewhere on this forum that sorting within the Playing Now view is broken, but couldn't find the thread when I searched again tonight.  Is there any expectation that this feature will be fixed in the near future?  If it's working as intended (I certainly hope not), the Sorting options shouldn't be shown in the Customize Current View dialog as it only leads to confusion.

Other than this one thing, I'm very happy so far.  I've used a bunch of the other options at various times (iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media Player, etc.) and am very impressed with what is in this product at such a reasonable price (yeah, the other options I mentioned are free, but you kind of get what you pay for there :)).
Pages: [1]   Go Up