INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is there a way to see what view mc is in, and to make forms for theaterview?  (Read 1898 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

i was wondering, because i have a form popping up. and when it is in Theater View i have to switch back to standard, because Theater View steals the focus, also when the form stays on top. so the arrow keys on a remote dont work. and i have to restore Theater View afterwards. but when im already in standard view i would like to stay there.

and a just a small nice thing. would there be a way to integrate message and forms into Theaterview the way Theater View does it now with most messages.

gappie

Re: is there a way to see what view mc is in?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 01:46:32 am »

would there be a way to integrate message and forms into Theaterview the way Theater View does it now with most messages.
?

Theater View is not stealing the focus anymore, but when there is a form over it, it does not update anymore and mc does not send events till the form is closed... or it at least does look as if that is what happens. and that is only when it is in Theater View, in standard view everything works fine.

to be more clear about what happens now:
i made an overlay to give me more info about the file currently playing, and the volume.
when in standard view the overlay and the screen behind the overlay updates nicely.

when in Theater View that does not happen. during this shot the next song is already playing for a while.

when closing mc without closing the overlay first, you can see that the playstatistics have been updated (np and last played) but the icon for which song is playing has not moved, and the events MCC: NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE and MCC: NOTIFY_VOLUME_CHANGED are not fired.

guess that is a bug?

:)
gab

besides that i notice that the viz when in thv stops reacting, the time the song is playing does not update, when in standard view it works.

gappie

ok.. i disabled high quality drawing, and it works again.. funny though how this apparently kills half of the playback stuff, but only half..  ?

some 1,5 years ago there was some talk about giving the sdk for theaterview free... would that help me to get some screens integrated in thv?

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up