INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downsampled Library Replica - Help with Syncing (?)  (Read 716 times)

Doody

• Recent member
Downsampled Library Replica - Help with Syncing (?)
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:30:18 pm »

greetings.

i'm having a problem i can't sort out. i've searched the faq, these forums, help, and wiki, but haven't had any luck on this.

i have a file server with 250 GB or so of lossless music. i use MC 12 on my laptop and create a device in my filesystem. i sync down from the server to the laptop and downsample to lossy MP3s so that i have a duplicate of my library when i'm on the road or whatnot.

the problem i'm having is that i cannot figure out how to get orphaned files off of the laptop. for example, if i delete a file off the server, that deletion does not get sync'd through. i found the option to delete files from the device they're not being sync'd, but that means if i add one new file, it deletes the other 11,000 on the device :-).

is there any way to accomplish what i want to accomplish here? i want all the music on the server on my laptop - downsampled. nothing more, nothing less.

thanks!
doody

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Downsampled Library Replica - Help with Syncing (?)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:02:18 pm »

Create a smartlist of all audio.

Select it in Options > Handheld as the playlist to sync.

Pick "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list"

Sync away.

As long as all the audio is in the sync list, it won't erase old files when new ones show up.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up