INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album thumbnails question...  (Read 1497 times)

pinkfloyd2000

Album thumbnails question...
« on: June 03, 2007, 09:31:24 pm »

Hello,

My apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but I couldn't find my exact problem anywhere else. I just upgraded to v.12 trial after being a longtime v.10 registered user, and my question is this -- in my Customize Current View settings, under List Style, I see "Thumbnails," but not any option for "Album Thumbnails." Thus, what I am seeing, for example, are album thumbnails for each song on that album. For example, the first album in my list is Oasis' (What's The Story) Morning Glory. I have 12 thumbnails, all with that same cover, and the individual song titles listed under each. I don't want that -- what I want is just one thumbnail per album, with the album title listed under each.

Consider me a stupid rookie, if you would, and walk me through this process.

Thanks VERY much!  :)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Album thumbnails question...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:51:06 am »

Right-click the top row and select "Album Thumbnails".

A nice new option is "album thumbnails on top and file details on bottom" (introduced in MC11.1). The bottom file list shows only the files that are included in the top selection. After you have enabled the "Always Show Files" top-row option you can quickly hide or show the bottom list by double-clicking the the divider. Here's a screenshot:

"Artist/Album" is one of my view scheme items. It is a custom library field that uses the "Calculated" data type with this templete: [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]. In this view I use the "Date Imported" sort order on top and default sort order on bottom.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

pinkfloyd2000

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:57:39 am »

Awesome...thanks SO much for your help!

I am loving MC 12 so far; a definite purchase for me. I had problems with the iPod and MC 10, but it's smooth sailing so far with 12.

Thanks again!

robydago

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 02:51:52 pm »

A nice new option is "album thumbnails on top and file details on bottom" (introduced in MC11.1).
 The bottom file list shows only the files that are included in the top selection. After you have enabled the "Always Show Files" top-row option you can quickly hide or show the bottom list by double-clicking the the divider.

Alex,
I'm not able to find both options. Where are they??

Thanks

robydago

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 04:00:14 pm »

Never mind. Found them!
Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 04:05:41 pm »

Did you try to to click on the down arrow near the "Pane" text or right-click anywhere on the top row?

That should open a menu like this:

If the bottom list shows thumbnails instead of details you can select one of the bottom files and do right-click > view settings... for changing the bottom list style separately.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 04:08:39 pm »

Never mind. Found them!

:)

You replied while I was creating the screenshot, but perhaps my answer is useful for others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up