INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Manager and Display Settings  (Read 1455 times)

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
Zone Manager and Display Settings
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »

I have set up two zones. One is called "Monitor" and other "TV".
I was hoping I can configure Display Settings for each zone independently but it's not working.
If I open Zone Manager and click on Configure button with "Monitor" zone selected, I can go to Display Settings and choose display1 as my full screen display, but it is automatically selected for "TV" zone too. I would like that I can choose display2 for my "TV" zone. If I do that display2 is configured for "Monitor" zone too. What's the point of having this settings in Zone Manager if we can't use it?
Since there is an option to automatically switch zone when going to theater view, and I really use theater view only on my TV display, I though this could be great way to switch full screen displays intelligently - only when needed. There are times when I want only to view some pictures in full screen on my monitor, but when I am using theater view with remote I prefer full screen on TV.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Zone Manager and Display Settings
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:55:04 pm »

Playback settings are zone specific.  General settings aren't.

Perhaps display settings could be zone specific.

Anyone else?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 03:52:20 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what the advantage is with using zones.  In other words I don't know how to use them.  My system is set up the same way as Neville's.  I have a monitor as display 1 and a TV as display 2.  When I start Media Center I'd like to:
  • Have Theater View open on my TV (Display 2)
  • Have Standard View open on my Monitor (Display 1)
Once open I'd also like to be able to change my monitor over to Theater View.  Is this possible to do with zones? 

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 10:23:02 am »

Bumping. This is what I need to do. I often use the regular view on the HDTV and the font sizes are bigger and it's 16x9. So every time I go to the monitor I have to readjust everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up