INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (red) ghost image with AVI and Video Mixing Renderer 9  (Read 1571 times)

CDvd

• World Citizen
(red) ghost image with AVI and Video Mixing Renderer 9
« on: June 21, 2007, 03:33:10 pm »

Hi!
I've searched google, wikipedia, MC forums and wiki and I'm still puzzled.

I have this when objects or peoples are moving :

It seems to appear on/with :

- AVI files ??!! (I know avi is just a container, just like mkv but I do not see these problems with mkv files)
- only on a part of the screen (the bottom one) ?!!! - when something is moving on the first half of the video there is no artifact, look at the full image linked below to see what I mean
- VMR9 (no probs with VMR7 or legacy video renderer)
- Only with MC (windows media player, Media player classic and of course VLC are OK, and does not appear when "Use Windows Media player engine for video playback..." is checked with MC)

Full VMR9 screenshot :

and using wmp engine :

I'm using MC 259, vista, CCCP (recent version, reinstalled) and a nvidia 7600gt (up to date drivers)

A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: (red) ghost image with AVI and Video Mixing Renderer 9
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 04:19:23 pm »

Try toggling YUV mixing in Options > Playback > DirectShow > AVI > Configure VMR
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CDvd

• World Citizen
Re: (red) ghost image with AVI and Video Mixing Renderer 9
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 11:11:03 pm »

Checking or unchecking "Use YUV Mixing Mode", "Dynamic Decimation" or "Dynamic Switch to BOB" have no effect (I stopped / restarted playback and tryed every combination of the 3 options).

What is beyond my understanding is that the image is not correct only on the bottom part of the screen! It's like the reds where slower than greens and blues on half the screen (thus creating this ghost effect when something is moving)
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up