INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported Image Tagging request  (Read 748 times)

willmcd

• Recent member
Imported Image Tagging request
« on: June 24, 2007, 04:27:13 pm »

I'm really pleased to see that MC12 has taken some huge steps in how it handles images over previous versions. Of highest importance was the fix that windows was not able to correctly orient portrait Jpeg photos from many manufacturers (inc Canon). The other huge improvement is how it now recognises the IPTC tags that I have saved to my photo collection in Photoshop Elements 4.

I would like to suggest an import tagging feature that would make it even more useful. Right now (I'm using 12.0.226) all the pre-existing tags end up in the "keywords" field in MC12. I would like to request feature that would allow the user to map keywords to a particular tag field and value, and then remember the mapping for the next time. The benefit would be that users who manage their photo libraries primarily in other packages (Photoshop, Picasa etc) could get the full benefit of that tagging effort when playing back music and photos in the living room. This is very important to fight back the criticism from my better half that all our photos are hidden away on a hard drive since we went digital.

What do you think?

willmcd

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Imported Image Tagging request
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 01:43:07 pm »

Thanks for the kinds words.

We support IPTC and EXIF as much as possible.  Information that can't be stored in those tags gets saved in MJMD tags.

Keywords from IPTC maps to MC's keywords.  The default image view: Quickies / Keywords / Rating works well with IPTC.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up