INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for MC compatibility with IMON vfd  (Read 6352 times)

Efjay

• World Citizen
Request for MC compatibility with IMON vfd
« on: June 27, 2007, 04:25:16 pm »

Getting a new Silverstone case with IMON vfd in a few weeks and I don't believe MC works with such displays. I would be happy to be wrong.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Request for MC compatibility with IMON vfd
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:34:26 pm »

I discovered yesterday that my Imon remote does not work :(

Haven't tested the vfd yet...

Would very much appretiate if could be fixed some time.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:26:55 am »

I discovered yesterday that my Imon remote does not work :(

Haven't tested the vfd yet...

Would very much appretiate if could be fixed some time.
Do you mean that your iMON remote doesn't work with MC? You have to map the keyboard commands to the remote buttons using the iMON manager software, but that only takes a few minutes. Over lunch today I am installing an iMon Inside in a friends computer, configuring the iMON manager software for MC and Theatertek, and then configuring his Harmony remote to work with the iMON Inside instead of using the iMON remote. Then he can press one button on the remote for Music, and his computer, receiver, and TV will turn on and be set to the correct inputs, MC will open in Theater View, and his playlist will start to play.

Several years ago, RedDom made a MC Plugin for LCD Smartie that allowed you use the iMON VFD to display information from MC. I never tried it since I didn't have the time and I can't read the VFD from the couch anyway. I have read that it works with version 12, but has some bugs.

I also have a Silverstone case with the iMON VFD. It would be neat to have the VFD display stuff from MC so I could show my friends how cool it was  ;D, but on a day to day basis I would probably never look at it.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:48:46 am »

I never got to testing it my self, but I think there are a few options. Downloaded some apps and plugins a long time ago, but I'm lazy sometimes. The iMon remote should work great with MC. As mojave says, just configure the application that follows the controller.

By the way, anyone know where to buy iMon replacement VFD or standalone VFD displays?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 04:55:24 pm »

Several years ago, RedDom made a MC Plugin for LCD Smartie that allowed you use the iMON VFD to display information from MC. I never tried it since I didn't have the time and I can't read the VFD from the couch anyway. I have read that it works with version 12, but has some bugs.

The lcd smartie plugin used to give me problems closing MC and I deleted it as more trouble than its worth.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:35:25 am »

MC will open in Theater View, and his playlist will start to play.
would you be willing to share how you made the playlist sequence?

I was wanting to use harmony one sequence/activity called relaxing... it would turn on tv, htpc would goto images/relaxing images, and start playing, and then goto audio playlist relaxing. and end on displayview in theaterview.

Along with other lists :) but if i could get the jist that would be stellar!

another sequence/activity. when someone clicks watch movie, a soundclip would play while they search for movies(elevator music if you will)

im pretty good with the activities and sequences... just unsure how to incorporate jriver theaterview commands into harmony with imon

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up