INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio Karma - recheck sync doesn't work right  (Read 1379 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Rio Karma - recheck sync doesn't work right
« on: June 15, 2007, 02:10:51 am »

[older thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40731.0
This is getting frustrating..
At some point I thought all was OK but NO.. Same stubborn tracks just wouldn't transfer to my Karma.
I reformatted the Karma.
After this - new problem with MC/Karma - whatever I transfer, gets transferred and MC reports "On Device" but after I "recheck sync", it transfers same tracks again causing multiple instances of same tracks - all is the same (names etc) but MC thinks the tracks are different.
Also MC cannot remove the tracks from Karma.

WMP10, Media Monkey and Rio Music Manager all work just fine with Karma.

Any ideas? Any chance to get this fixed?

Thanks!

--max

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
Re: Rio Karma - recheck sync doesn't work right
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 01:33:37 pm »

My Karma update:
- Karma/MC was working before 12.0.231
- Stopped working with JRWorker introduction
- Got fixed with 12.0.250
- I was happy for a while but things started to fall apart

--- a few tracks just wouldn't transfer
--- I reformatted the Karma and syncing went broke completely -- it would transfe same files over and over again, creating duplicates on the Karma.
--- downgraded MC to (previously) working 12.0.231 - didn't help! same behavior. Tried different Karma drivers - didn't help. Same behavior.
--- restored my system backup from May 31 - this did help - installed the latest beta (259) and it's syncing OK.
--- the only prob right now is that the sync drops every now and then (quite often actually) and I have to restart it.

Edit:
--- connection drops were frequent in the beginning of my sync queue (long) but interestingly enough disappeared after a few Gb's..
--- The sync/transfer was long and painful but after a couple of days it finished. However, about 5% of the tracks were identified as "bad" by Karma and removed from the database. Now, whatever I do I cannot transfer those odd files. See this thred (and please help me!):
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41188.0

Thanks!

[older thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40731.0
This is getting frustrating..
At some point I thought all was OK but NO.. Same stubborn tracks just wouldn't transfer to my Karma.
I reformatted the Karma.
After this - new problem with MC/Karma - whatever I transfer, gets transferred and MC reports "On Device" but after I "recheck sync", it transfers same tracks again causing multiple instances of same tracks - all is the same (names etc) but MC thinks the tracks are different.
Also MC cannot remove the tracks from Karma.

WMP10, Media Monkey and Rio Music Manager all work just fine with Karma.

Any ideas? Any chance to get this fixed?

Thanks!

--max

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:38:52 pm »

edited
bump

xanadu1979

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:14:48 pm »

I've got the sync problem with the Karma too. I sync it, refresh the sync, and it shows the same files in the queue. Syncing again transfers them again and makes duplicates.

I'm using the trial version of 12.0.267. I will strongly consider purchasing the software if this is fixed. It is the only program that works with the Karma and downloads Podcasts. But since the syncing isn't working, it doesn't really do what I want, which is sync new podcasts to the player.
Pages: [1]   Go Up