INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changing menu text in theater view  (Read 1075 times)

samcheri

• Recent member
changing menu text in theater view
« on: July 02, 2007, 04:02:32 pm »

i would like to change the "audio" to "music" and "images" to "pictures"; tried editing xml file but did not know enough xml to do it; any one can help?
thanx

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: changing menu text in theater view
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 06:49:20 pm »

i would like to change the "audio" to "music" and "images" to "pictures"; tried editing xml file but did not know enough xml to do it; any one can help?
thanx

These can't be changed.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:15:31 pm »

There's something odd going on here- Its entirely possible to change the audio string, but not under the English language file- I think this is a bug on the JR end.
Short howto:
Open up the C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Languages folder. Make a copy of the English folder- Rename this as you wish (The folder name becomes the text that shows up in the MC languages menu)
Now, open this new folder- There should now be a file named Language.txt - Open this with your preferred text editor. Now search for Audio- The first string that you find is the one you want to modify. Change the second line so that it now reads Music. Repeat this process for the Images string (Should be directly below the Audio string).

Slight thing to note- This'll alter the two labels at the top of the side bar as well.

Cheers

-Leezer-

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:56:11 pm »

There's something odd going on here- Its entirely possible to change the audio string, but not under the English language file- I think this is a bug on the JR end.
Short howto:
Open up the C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Languages folder. Make a copy of the English folder- Rename this as you wish (The folder name becomes the text that shows up in the MC languages menu)
Now, open this new folder- There should now be a file named Language.txt - Open this with your preferred text editor. Now search for Audio- The first string that you find is the one you want to modify. Change the second line so that it now reads Music. Repeat this process for the Images string (Should be directly below the Audio string).

Slight thing to note- This'll alter the two labels at the top of the side bar as well.

Cheers

-Leezer-

Well there you go! I did not know that. Thanks Leezer.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

samcheri

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 09:25:21 am »

Hurray! it worked!!
thanx a trillion, leezer

Samcheri
Pages: [1]   Go Up