INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVDs and crash.  (Read 706 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
DVDs and crash.
« on: July 13, 2007, 02:32:59 pm »

I updated my entire DVD collection to no longer use the VIDEO_TS folder.  When I import DVDs, they still get imported as the name VIDEO_TS.  Why can't they see their folder name and use that as their name?

Also, when I use fill properties from filename: [Genre]/[Name] ... it reverts back to the VIDEO_TS name shortly after fixing everything.  Why is it reverting to the incorrect name?  That would be great if MC could somehow save this data in the DVD files somewhere so it would be remembered between different MC libraries.

MC keeps crashing on my Vista server like crazy.  Everytime I turn around, it has a runtime error and needs to close.

Also, why can't MC play DVDs over library server?  At the very minimum, can't it send the full data stream with no re-encoding?

Locating DVDs on local hard drive doesn't work ever--even when not using library server.  It can't find the location because it's trying to locate a *.dvd file which obviously is an internal MC thing and the file doesn't actually exist.  What if MC intelligently just located the folder instead of trying to locate that non-existent file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up