INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: manual splitting creates odd effects  (Read 587 times)

mclane

manual splitting creates odd effects
« on: August 20, 2002, 01:23:51 am »

I'm recording my vinyl collection right now which is exhausting enough. I chose to manually split the tracks because it's the only reliable method to record >400 LPs without experimenting all the time. I'm recording mp3 from Line-In with the standard mp3 encoder, 128 kBit, simultaneous encoding. CPU is Pentium 4 1600 MHz, 512 MByte RAM, HD nearly empty, Skins etc. disabled. CPU load is at app. 4-8% on recording. Every automatic feature for line-in recording is switched off.

Everything worked fine until (as I assume) the last update to 8.0.348. Now the splitting sometimes takes 5 seconds which of course is more than most gaps. And when I listen to the finished tracks they sometimes stop before the end of track and the end of the track is "teleported" to the beginning of the next track. I also had the effect that the beginning of the track overlapped with itself some seconds in advance.

On recording it looks like this: I click "Split Track" and the recording counter stops almost immediately. Than for some seconds (up to 5) nothing happens while the next track begins, then the recording counter of the next track suddenly starts, not at 0, but at 4 seconds or so. This would be ok if these 4 s are really recorded but they are not!

Any solution to this? Or is there a way to revert to the last version?

mclane (mclane@snafu.de)
Pages: [1]   Go Up