INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view shortcuts  (Read 1208 times)

spoonyluv

• Recent member
Theater view shortcuts
« on: August 04, 2007, 06:45:20 pm »

Are there keyboard shortcuts for different modes in theater view? I use the mode almost exclusively and would like to program my ermte to get to each media type directly.

Thx

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater view shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:15:33 pm »

maybe you could use mmc commands. put for instance
mc12.exe /mcc 22001,3
under your remote to get to audio in theaterview.
mc12.exe /mcc 22001,2
for playing now.
mc12.exe /mcc 22001,4 for images
mc12.exe /mcc 22001,5 for video
mc12.exe /mcc 22001,1 for the start screen of Theater View

you can find the mcc commands here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
although this part is not well documented there. i will do later on.

spoonyluv

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 12:43:18 pm »

I'm not sure how to launch a program with my remote - the config program only allows me to assign key combinations to each function.

It's an iMON PAD.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 01:47:33 pm »

gappie,
Do you have to run the commands from a command prompt or is there some other way?

spoonyluv,
You can create a macro with your iMON software (iMON Manager>Settings>Macro Command). It provides a little onscreen keyboard that you have to use to enter the commands. I named my first macro "Audio" and then pressed the (WindowsKey+Rmc12.exe /mcc 22001, 3) on the onscreen keyboard. I mapped the macro to the My Music button on the iMON remote. When I had Theaterview open, the macro worked. However, when I went to Video and then pressed the key again, the Run command started but then it didn't finish. I think I need to add a delay after WindowsKey+R. By the way, WindowsKey+R is a shortcut for the Run console.

The Media Center Core Commands is great information. I can now use them to program macros for buttons to control MC no matter what other program is running. I'll probably just use it so that I have play/pause functionality even if MC does not have focus.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:40:35 pm »

gappie,
Do you have to run the commands from a command prompt or is there some other way?

you could make for instance a bat file with one or more (open notepad and save as blahblah.bat). i run them using girder for my remote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up