INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any experiences with Auzentech cards?  (Read 4167 times)

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Any experiences with Auzentech cards?
« on: September 06, 2007, 12:37:00 am »

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the Auzentech range of cards?
http://www.auzentech.com

The specs on the cards seem pretty impressive, and they seem to get pretty good reviews overall. The Dolby Live and DTS connect stuff also seems like a nice touch, if it works cleanly.

I should point out that I am looking for a HT-PC / HIFI-PC card, with sound quality over gaming performance, and surround sound in the mix as well.

C.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
Re: Any experiences with Auzentech cards?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:50:52 am »

I have a(n) X-Meridian with all 4 op-amps replaced with OPA627BPs (bought on Ebay a year or so ago- now I suspect samples abuse but didn't understand at the time I bought them). Very Smooth sound. Also tried LM4562NAs which also sounded great but haven't had time to do a direct comparison between. Most recent driver (03/09/3007) seems to have broken ASIO but the one before it works fine. I don't game at all so I don't know that goes but music and DVDs are great. I bought this before the Prelude was released and would pobably buy this one again because all 4 op-amps can be easily replaced whereas only one is socketed on the Prelude. If gaming was a priority, I would buy the Prelude.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 12:11:14 am »

Thanks for the response, gaming isn't a priority, although in that regard, the more I read, the more advantageous the DTS:Connect sounds anyway (as opposed to EAX3+).

Do the op-amps make much of a difference? (from the standard)

Cheers,
C.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 06:37:58 am »

I know it wasn't scientific but before I bought the card I saw so many reviews and  owner comments about how much better the card sounded with the LM4562NAs in it that I swapped the op-amps before listening to it (and foolishly trashed the stock ones). After I put in the 4562s I remembered that I had the 627s so I got some Browndogs and tried them-I have been too busy or lazy to swap one set out to directly compare them. I can't remember where I found the info at the moment but a quick google should give you some info.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 12:36:34 am »

Thnaks for the info. At the end of the day I whimped out and went and got myself an ASUS Xonar D2... it isthe only readily available high-spec card where I am, and I was able to get it a fair bit cheaper than I could have gotten an Auzentech.

Having said that, when the renovations are eventually finished and the HI-FI and theater rooms are separate, I'll probably end up getting one anyway :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up