INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: group Album (by date) option oddity  (Read 1137 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
group Album (by date) option oddity
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:48:12 am »

I love the group "Album (by date)" option for viewing my music albums.

I have noticed an oddity that I cannot reproduce on a consistent basis.

When viewing the right click group options, "Album" is always available, however "Album (by date)" is only sometimes available as an option.  The option "Album (by date)" seems to come and go depending on which way the wind is blowing.

I believe this odd behavior has been present since groups were introduced.

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
Bringing this back from the dead...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 11:26:17 pm »

I'm using version 12.0.504 and notice that in any view, if I Group --> by Album, my playlist is sorted by album date after the Album Artist (auto). It does not follow the sort definitions that are applied properly when not grouped.

For example, I have a folder that contains all of my Various Artist albums. Each album is in it's own folder. When I view the default Artist/Album view, everything appears in list format, with the !'s at the top and the z's at the bottom, sorted by Album Artist (auto), Album, Disc #, Track #, Name.

But when I select Group by Album, the Various Artist albums with NO date are shown first. Then everything is chronological.

Would it be possible to include both options, so that those of us who are alphabetical can browse their albums, well, alphabetically?

Please?  ;D

Steve

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: group Album (by date) option oddity
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:15:04 am »

Would it be possible to include both options, so that those of us who are alphabetical can browse their albums, well, alphabetically?

Try Group > More > Album ;)

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: group Album (by date) option oddity
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:49:32 am »

Ah, don't I feel silly now... so Group > Album is chronological and Group > More > Album is alphabetical? I should've known.   :P

Thanks again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up