INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to video???  (Read 959 times)

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
What happened to video???
« on: September 18, 2007, 02:02:11 am »

Hi all,

I'm back. I was about to go to purchase the latest version of MC, after installing the latest .318, when I started to play a video file I sometimes like to watch. I was totally surprised at how horrific the quality was.

I will be honest, I am used to JRiver Media Center's video quality being better than Windows Media Player NOT WORSE.

I had version .308 previously installed and didn't notice any problems. Everything looked great. Then I uninstalled that version and installed this latest, .318, version as a new install. It's like watching a full screen version (1600x1200) of youtube (no offense).

Also, now the wrong cover art displays in playing now but not in the list view (really small icons or thumbnail view).

Please tell me this will be fixed soon.

By the way, I love that there is now a "stop" button. I didn't like having to double click the pause button.

System Specs: ASUS P5K WS, QX6700, 4 Gig Ram, BFG 8600 GTS OC, X-Fi Music, 150 Raptor (System OS), 2xWD 500Gig Raid 1, Vista Ultimate x64.

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: What happened to video???
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:51:44 am »

What format is the video in? Did you watch the same video in a previous version without problem?

When you watch the video, right click in the video window. Do you see an item called "DirectShow Filters"? If yes, what filters are listed there? If no, what do you see under "Set Display"?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 11:09:29 am »

Yaobing,
   When I looked at videos in previous versions of MC, and WMP, the color and clarity was much better. Especially the clarity.

About your questions - I didn't change any codecs when I reinstalled MC - when I check the "DirectShow Filters" I see (all not checked if it matters):
Default Direct Show Sound Device
Video Mixing Renderer 9
MPEG Video Decoder
Sonic Cenmaster MCE Audio Decoder 4.11
** Greyed Out **
Sonic HD Demuxer
File Source (Async.)
-------------------
Select Filters

When I check "Set Display" I see that 'DirectX' is checked and it is the only option.

Hope this helps.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 11:38:58 am »

When I looked at videos in previous versions of MC, and WMP, the color and clarity was much better. Especially the clarity.

Does WMP still play the file with better result?

About your questions - I didn't change any codecs when I reinstalled MC - when I check the "DirectShow Filters" I see (all not checked if it matters):
Default Direct Show Sound Device
Video Mixing Renderer 9
MPEG Video Decoder
Sonic Cenmaster MCE Audio Decoder 4.11
** Greyed Out **
Sonic HD Demuxer
File Source (Async.)
-------------------
Select Filters

When I check "Set Display" I see that 'DirectX' is checked and it is the only option.

I asked you to check these in order to make sure MC is using DirectShow to play the file. That being the case, I think the problem may be the selection of filters. For example, you can find out which video decoder WMP uses. If it is not the same as that used in MC, you can try setting MC to use the same filter.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up