INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod Classic, MC & Compilations  (Read 1237 times)

olarte

• World Citizen
Ipod Classic, MC & Compilations
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:03:21 pm »

Having the Compilations turned on in the Ipod classic, and MC automatically recognizing them via mix album field, they do show up in the Ipod under compilations. BUT the Coverflow and where individual artists show up under artist is still there.

So, you still need to use a "generic" term under Artist if you don't want it to show up multiple times in coverflow etc. But since the generic artist is the same (ie. soundtrack compilation) then MC will not see it as a compilation.

for Compilations, I've changed the track names to be name - artist so I also know who the artists are for individual tracks

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ipod Classic, MC & Compilations
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:59:35 pm »

Yes, the current situation with compilation is indeed very shady.

I saw somewhere that iTunes does not store the "compilation tag" into a proper tag. According to that page "It adds a TCMP frame into the tag, which is not a standard ID3v2 frame type.". Is it possible that MC12 can add this TCMP frame (whatever it is) for (Multiple ArtistS) album?

thanks,
Osho

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:52:44 am »

Yes, the current situation with compilation is indeed very shady.

I saw somewhere that iTunes does not store the "compilation tag" into a proper tag. According to that page "It adds a TCMP frame into the tag, which is not a standard ID3v2 frame type.". Is it possible that MC12 can add this TCMP frame (whatever it is) for (Multiple ArtistS) album?

thanks,
Osho

Yes it's true about the non-standard frame, in fact some Tag editors will strip that away. Now if Only MC could add that extra frame based on the value of the Mix Album field... that would be awesome.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 12:57:47 pm »

Yes it's true about the non-standard frame, in fact some Tag editors will strip that away. Now if Only MC could add that extra frame based on the value of the Mix Album field... that would be awesome.

Is this possible to do, JimH? Please, pretty please :).

thanks,
Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up