INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art for movies?  (Read 781 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Cover art for movies?
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:45:33 am »

Music & Images and a few videos. I expect to start converting my VHS music & concert tapes shortly.

I'd like to create cover art for my home movies.  Any ideas?  I was thinking of taking a screenshot from each video but on 100 DVDs, that would take a long time...and picking the screenshot would be tough.  And it would have to be a good section for the best possible snapshot.  At this point, my Home DVDs and obviously TV Channels don't have cover art.  Everything else does.  So I just need to get some for Home DVDs.

Music--all have hand-scanned by me 1200x1200 cover art.
Images--obviously the picture.
Video DVDs--almost all taken from Amazon while others I scanned if they didn't have them.
Video Home DVDs & TV -- yep, just these.

For others who pull cover art from Amazon, doesn't it bother you that they have the cover art within larger, white images?  I always crop them but that requires a lot more work.  Why do they do that?  It seems like it would cost extra bandwidth sending those white pixels around.

timlacey

• Recent member
Re: Cover art for movies? - automatic method if J River changed a tiny bit
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 11:59:59 am »

I use a program called my movies, available at www.mymovies.name, which apparently is very popular for organizing movies to use with MCE.  It works wonderfully on my Vista machine.

Anyway, it downloads all the artwork, movie info, etc. for each movie and puts it in the parent folder.  J River doesn't see the artwork, however, unless I copy it into the VIDEO_TS folder.  It would be great if J River gave the option of getting the DVD artwork from the parent folder (the movie folder actually that contains normally nothing but a VIDEO_TS folder).

If this worked, I could maintain the database in MyMovies and have the artwork available both in Vista MCE and in J River.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up