INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audible chapter marks missing  (Read 1487 times)

magician

Audible chapter marks missing
« on: October 03, 2007, 05:23:47 pm »

Hi

I've just switched back from synchronising my ipod classic with itunes to syncing with Media Center. A welcome return ;D. I let MC initialise my ipod and setup some playlists to sync, which for music worked fine but my Audible files have lost their chapter markings on the ipod which were there when syncing with itunes.

At first I didn't associate the problem with the switch back to MC so I tried a few things:

- One of the playlists I was using to select tracks to sync included the Audible files, so I changed this and added the 'Audible Titles' smartlist directly into my sync selection. Chapters still missing.
- I had previously edited some of the tags, so I re-downloaded the files from Audible and re-synced. Chapters still missing.
- I've had a few podcasts that provided the chapter function so I tried syncing those but they had also lost their chapters.

So I'm out of ideas. Searching the forum showed a couple of old problems with MC11. Is there something I've missed or is this a problem with MC12 and the new ipods?

I'm running a clean install of 12.0.335 and my Audible files are all format 4.

Thanks in advance!

SwellGuy

Re: Audible chapter marks missing
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 09:33:36 am »

We haven't cracked that nut yet.

magician

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 03:10:04 pm »

Ok, thanks. Good to know I wasn't just missing something.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:21:31 pm »

We haven't cracked that nut yet.

Just to clarify, is the "nut" that hasn't been cracked the fact that Audible chapter marks don't work on the "Classic" iPod, or that the new MC builds don't support chapter marks on ANY iPod?  In other words, if I sync a 3rd gen or a 5th gen with the new MC version, will I lose audible chapter marks?

In other words,

Thanks,

Larry

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 05:04:08 pm »

Yes. We don't fill in chapter data for audiobooks or movies right now. We also have some work to do on bookmarking.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 05:41:49 pm »

Yes. We don't fill in chapter data for audiobooks or movies right now. We also have some work to do on bookmarking.

I keep mixing up "bookmarks" and "chapter marks" in my head and in my writing -- sorry if my post was confusing (I fixed it.)

Thanks for the info -- I'm glad to see that you're working on getting this to work, and I'm looking forward to any additions to the current bookmark situation.  Any chance for the ability to bookmark ANY file so that we can 1) bookmark non-audible mp3's, and 2) bookmark files in OTHER genres that may be longer format tracks so we don't HAVE to tag these files as "Podcasts"?

Thanks again,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up