INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple issues synching with Zen  (Read 1365 times)

tevisg

Multiple issues synching with Zen
« on: October 11, 2007, 08:08:36 am »

I have a cl zen vision and when I try to synch it never updates the playlists - ie. I can get a new playlist on it but if I refine the playlist in terms of order/selection it wont recognize the changes.  I deleted all the playlists through the options menu thinking when I resynched it would capture the changes, and now it wont synch any play list!  in the midst of all of this, i upgraded to the new version of MC12, and now every time I try to synch my zen it gets 98% of the way and then just stops with MC saying 1 minute to go, but nothing ever happens at which point I have to manually remove the zen and reboot/rebuild it.  This is a huge pain in the neck.  I hate apple and really don't want to go back to itunes...HELP!!!

SwellGuy

Re: Multiple issues synching with Zen
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:29:44 am »

Which Zen Vision do you have? Is the firmware up-to-date?

tevisg

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:44:19 pm »

It is the Zen Vision M 60GB and yes, it looks like the firmware IS current.  Any other ideas?  This is super frustrating. 

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:26:30 pm »

Here's some things to try...

1) Upgrading the firmware the latest firmware is 1.21.02 (this may not apply)
2) Format the M. Right-click on the device in MC or in Windows and select Format (this will wipe all information off the device)
3) Test with a small playlist (not a SmartList). (Avoid files that require conversion and disable the conversion file cache.) If you have problems, please enable logging to a file from the help menu, make sure Handheld events are enabled, try syncing again, go back into the logging dialog and email the logs to me (rick at jriver dot com).
4) If that test succeeded, resume your normal use but send me the logs if you experience problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up