INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcasts -> iPod  (Read 2106 times)

octbit

Podcasts -> iPod
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:23:44 pm »

Hi there.  I follow a number of podcasts but for some reason, no matter what I try, I can't get them down to my iPods (1G Nano and 5.5G Video).  I've selected all of them to sync to both devices but they never seem to come over.  All other music/playlists sync just fine.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Podcasts -> iPod
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:06:49 am »

Possibilities?
Firmware on the iPod
Maybe the transfers are successful, but placed in another location
Incompatible file format

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 08:28:52 am »

re videopodcasts : video conversion must be "off"..for "already ipodformats (mp4)" when synching...

MT5FR

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 02:35:27 pm »

Hi there.  I follow a number of podcasts but for some reason, no matter what I try, I can't get them down to my iPods (1G Nano and 5.5G Video).  I've selected all of them to sync to both devices but they never seem to come over.  All other music/playlists sync just fine.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Are these video podcasts? Do you have video conversion enabled for synching to iPod? Please provide an example podcast for me to test here.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

octbit

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 05:43:00 pm »

I think I figured it out, or at least a work around.  Originally I was just selecting the "Podcasts" group and everything underneath it.  This obviously wasn't working.  Today, under Smartlists, I selected the "Podcasts by Date" list and magically everything started coming over.

I'm running the newest version of the firmware for both iPods, and these are all audio-only podcasts.  One of them as an example is:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/Hanselminutes

Thanks!

JoelE

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 01:37:16 pm »

I was having this problem too until I realized that I hadn't downloaded them before attempting transfer. There was no indication during previous attempts that anything was amiss, they just weren't transferred. Perhaps an error message would be good to add when attempting to transfer non-downloaded podcasts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up