INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now - "Artist Info," not working properly, I think.....  (Read 1147 times)

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
  • What if we built a Large Wooden Badger.....
Playing Now - "Artist Info," not working properly, I think.....
« on: October 24, 2007, 01:39:53 pm »

Not a really big user of the "Artist Info" that is under Playing Now, but have noticed the following...

if i click on Artist Info, and it loads up artist information from amg, when the song changes, the information doesn't update to the new artist, it just sits there. 

My question - is this how this is supposed to happen, meaning their is no functionality to have this artist information update each time the song changes, or is something just not working properly on my installation?

I am running 12.0.338

Again, not something that is earthshattering, but just thought I'd ask.

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: Playing Now - "Artist Info," not working properly, I think.....
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 02:30:28 pm »

I believe that is functioning as it always has.

Clicking the Artist Info again will refresh it.
. . . the game is rigged

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:59:11 pm »

I believe that is functioning as it always has.

Clicking the Artist Info again will refresh it.

Mine does not seem to work that way, but again, not a big user of this "feature."

My question would be this, assuming your comment above is correct, does that make sense?  Shouldn't it automatically refresh when the song changes?  Wouldn't that make more sense and make this more useful to people who use it (or am I just missing something)?

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 03:26:58 pm »

Mine does not seem to work that way, but again, not a big user of this "feature."

My question would be this, assuming your comment above is correct, does that make sense?  Shouldn't it automatically refresh when the song changes?  Wouldn't that make more sense and make this more useful to people who use it (or am I just missing something)?

I actually use the Artist Info on the customized upper toolbar, which instead opend AMG in your default browser, which I much prefer. When I hit Artist Info again it opens a new Tab in my browser with the new artist, I may have been mistaken about how it behaives within MC.

I do agree it would be nice to have an auto-refresh when the artist changes under some conditions, however it might be a tad annoying should it choose to change while you were in teh middle of reading.  ;)
. . . the game is rigged

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 06:46:30 am »

I actually use the Artist Info on the customized upper toolbar, which instead opend AMG in your default browser, which I much prefer. When I hit Artist Info again it opens a new Tab in my browser with the new artist, I may have been mistaken about how it behaives within MC.

I do agree it would be nice to have an auto-refresh when the artist changes under some conditions, however it might be a tad annoying should it choose to change while you were in teh middle of reading.  ;)

Good Point... Would make sense for it to be somewhat customizable.

I have also noticed that if I am using "Artist Info," and a new song/artist comes up, if I click F5 (refresh) on my keyboard, the amg page refreshes, but stays on the "old" artist, meaning, the page that was loaded refreshes, but it doesn't refresh or update itself to reflect the actual artist.  Again, doesn't seem like this is how this feature should be working?
Pages: [1]   Go Up