INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Text Fields in Visualiziation  (Read 806 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Text Fields in Visualiziation
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:56:37 pm »

Is it possible to get a list of the supported fields for Visualizations?

I'm trying to get the comment field to be shown up in a Visualization created with the "Visualization Studio" of MC using a text field. But it doesn't work. I'm going to use this feature at a ballroom party to have the dance (e.g. slow waltz, rumba) shown up on an second monitor. This party will be the saturday after the next so I'm afraid it may be impossible to find a solution for that via MC...

gappie

Re: Text Fields in Visualiziation
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:30:09 pm »

i guess this would be possible when you make a html trackinfo. you could combine that with a visualization. bit more work though.

edit. yes it is easy to make an html with comment in it. just tried it. could be the last straw.  ;)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Text Fields in Visualiziation
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:41:38 pm »

I thought about this, but I'm not familiar with html. And I don't see a reason why the comment field can't be used in a visualization. Is it my fault or is it by design (some kind of bug maybe)? And if it's by design (up to now I think it must be a mistake of mine...), are any other text-fields containing user generated content except Artist, Album and Title possible within a visualization? If so, I perhaps could use a workaround (flip fields e.g.).

Anyway: Thanks for your hint, I wasn't sure if it is possible with html.
Pages: [1]   Go Up