INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist/Album view for Playlists  (Read 2920 times)

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
Artist/Album view for Playlists
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:09:53 am »

Hi

Is there any way it is possible to have my playlist viewed/grouped by artist/album?
I often select anumber of albums (not individual songs) by various artists to create a desired playlist.
At the moment I can only ( or only know how ) view the songs individually ( e.g. , 12songs with the same thumbnail of the same album) , instead of like in the snapshot below, by album or by artist album.

Thanks, Cosmic

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
Re: Artist/Album view for Playlists
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 01:42:52 am »

Bump-piddy-bump! :)

Hi again

Does anyone please have an answer for me?

Thanks
Cosmic

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 02:19:44 am »

1st thing you need to do is place the playlists you would like to work with into a playlist group all on their own.

Next, you create a playlist based view scheme and you're off and running.

Right click on "Audio" and choose "Add view Scheme"
In step 1, click on the "Add" button then choose "Playlist Group" from the top menu. You'll then be shown a list of your playlist groups to choose from. The pane will take the name of the chosen playlist group.
Next, add the library fields Artist (or [Album Artist (auto)] if you prefer to keep multi-artist albums grouped together) and Album.

The rest of the settings are optional and pretty self explanatory, make your choices (ask if you're not sure) and click OK.

You should now be able to drill into an artist or album view for any of the play lists that you have in your chosen play list group. The view should work just as well with  smartlists as it does with static, regular playlists, and if you add more play lists to the group they will show up in this view scheme automatically.

Also, If you wanted to get clever...
If you added a smartlist to the group that included all of your audio files, you could use the pane view and tagging mode to select files and then use the tagging mode tick boxes to add or remove them from certain play lists by simply ticking or unticking the boxes.
If you use the "New" option you'll see in the playlist pane when some files are selected, you can add a new playlist to the group and have the selected files added to it right away.
All in all, if you make heavy use of playlists, this is a very powerful view scheme indeed.
Have fun playing around with it and just holler if I've missed anything obvious, which is usually the case ;)

-marko.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 02:33:36 am »

And again Marko, thanks very much.

I'll attempt all this within the day during my work projects, and I'll let you know if there are any probs, but hopefully there will be none.

Cosmic

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 10:08:30 am »

Hi Marko

I followed your steps...

1st thing you need to do is place the playlists you would like to work with into a playlist group all on their own.

Next, you create a playlist based view scheme and you're off and running.

Right click on "Audio" and choose "Add view Scheme"
In step 1, click on the "Add" button then choose "Playlist Group" from the top menu. You'll then be shown a list of your playlist groups to choose from. The pane will take the name of the chosen playlist group.
Next, add the library fields Artist (or [Album Artist (auto)] if you prefer to keep multi-artist albums grouped together) and Album.

The rest of the settings are optional and pretty self explanatory, make your choices (ask if you're not sure) and click OK.

You should now be able to drill into an artist or album view for any of the play lists that you have in your chosen play list group. The view should work just as well with  smartlists as it does with static, regular playlists, and if you add more play lists to the group they will show up in this view scheme automatically.

... but I still see no change in the view.

Screenshot...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 10:45:59 am »

Looks good.
The idea here is that you don't view the playlist directly, but instead, use the view scheme itself to view the playlist.

-marko

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 11:13:28 am »

Haaah!!
Gotcha!

But now, so if I add any new playlists to that specific Group View (Music A to Z), it will show up in the "Music A to Z/Album Artist (auto)" view scheme?

Thanks
Cosmic

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 01:00:46 pm »

Yes. They'll all be listed in the 1st pane of the view scheme and you can view the files contained in each or all of them by simply selecting one or more of them.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 01:17:11 pm »

Excellent.

I think I'm going to need to have a Cut and Paste "Thanks Marko", as you're helping me out stax... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up