INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Album Type] NOT auto-updating quickly  (Read 716 times)

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
[Album Type] NOT auto-updating quickly
« on: December 02, 2007, 05:32:48 pm »

While entering a group of new cds to an existing library, I've noticed that MC doesn't always update [Album Artist (auto)] very quickly - for instance, after importing a cd with songs from various artists (and having the tracks auto-placed in separate directories) I moved them into the same directory so I could run my "Rename from properties" script. In the past as soon as the files have been placed in the same directory (they all have the same [Album], [Album Artist[ is empty and the track #'s are consecutive) the album type updated itself to "Multiple Artists (complete)" right away. Today, it seems to take 10 minutes or so - it's happened several times and I've tried closing/restarting MC, just waiting, and eventually I see that it reads correctly. I'm editing the tracks via the 'Recently Ripped' playlist.

Just now I tried some changes - in a group of tracks (multiple artists) on a single cd that reads "Multiple Artists(complete)" (MAc) I changed the artist name to "asdf" - it updated to "single artist (incomplete)" (They're all in the same directory). I set it back and AAa reset to MAc. Then I changed the track numbers of several tracks to various out-of-sequence values, "45, 26, 999, etc". Nothing happened. It still reads MAc. Refresh F5 does nothing. The one thing that does seem to work is leaving the playlist and then reloading it. But shouldn't it update right away?
This happens repeatedly - it's frustrating because I keep thinking I've entered something wrong, but in going back I realize that it's right, it just hasn't updated itself yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up