INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stupid question about "Web Media"  (Read 1318 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
Stupid question about "Web Media"
« on: December 05, 2007, 10:58:21 pm »

I can’t get Live365 to work in “Web Media” to work.  I get “We were unable to start the Live365 player.  If you have installed a popup blocker, turn it off or hold down the Ctrl-key, and try again.”  Tried both and still can’t get it to work.  Thought maybe it need the Live365 player so, I installed it and still no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Stupid question about "Web Media"
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:32:20 am »

Same here.
After getting this message the MC window where I can select to play the stream, add to web media etc. appears. If I select play a browser window opens and display nothing (within an IP-Adress in the adress bar).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:56:18 am »

Not a stupid question.

Doesn't work for me either.

Perhaps you need to install it using IE7 first?  Do you use another browser (I use Firefox)...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jimn

• World Citizen
  • You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 02:30:22 pm »

Unfortunately, the streams from live365 now seem to be unplayable, except with their own, browser based, player. I assume this was done deliberately.

Live365 will be removed from the featured websites in the next build. You can add it on your own as a featured website, but their player will  load and play the streams, and there won't be any integration with MC.

Sorry,
JimN

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 04:00:05 pm »

Unfortunately, the streams from live365 now seem to be unplayable, except with their own, browser based, player. I assume this was done deliberately.

Live365 will be removed from the featured websites in the next build. You can add it on your own as a featured website, but their player will  load and play the streams, and there won't be any integration with MC.

Sorry,
JimN

This explains why it suddenly disappeared from the web media.  It's depressing since live365 is my online media source of choice (and the only one I subscribe to).   I have MC associated with streams in firefox and it opens MC and plays fine but I have to keep the live365 window open so I know the track names.   It's too bad it can't be integrated better.  I realize it's not your fault but it's still too bad...

Pages: [1]   Go Up