INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: webremote help....  (Read 812 times)

gkerber

webremote help....
« on: August 11, 2002, 09:52:01 pm »

Okay, I've got the webremote plugin installed and it works just fine using my browser on my desktop pc.

Now I've got a NetGear wireless router installed and a pocketpc.  I *think* they are talking using the compact flash wireless card.

So I'm running Internet Explorer on the pocket pc, how do I run the webremote?  I've typed in

http://192.168.0.2:80 and tried to press the GO button, but nothing happens.  I got this IP address from the webremote plug in screen in MJ.

I'm close to getting this working, but I need just a *little* help.  Do I have to grant some permissions or something for the pda to access the webremote?

And in webremote, it seems all I can do is play a full album or a song, but I can't tell it to play more than one album, like how do I get more than one selection into "playing now"?

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.336
Install Path: C:\Program Files\MediaJukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1667 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 309 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Mike Noe

RE:webremote help....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 03:30:58 am »

The webremote is fairly limited with playlists (none) and playback support, but it appears v9 will have some new stuff to offer in this area.  Also, the current web remote does not work right if the song title or album title has single quotes in it.

Two things to check on your PDA:
Make sure you can ping the PDA from the MJ machine
Also, make sure the network connections are set right on the control panel of the PDA.  I'm assuming you're using PPC2002.

sekim

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2002, 02:50:29 pm »

I've been trying this out and it is kind of cool.

I'm wondering, does the computer tying into this one have to have MJ on it? And, the web remote also? Or does it just fire up the default media player on the requesting computer?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2002, 03:26:26 pm »

One gotcha to watch out for is that NetRemote and Glissando are using modified versions of webremote and that version was broken for plain vanilla use with a browser.  I'm not sure of the current status.

Machinehead,
The client has browser (or Glissando or NetRemote) access to the server where webremote is running.  When the client requests a track, it plays on the server.  So you don't need a copy of MJ on the client, but it also won't play the music there.

If this seems odd, it seemed that way to me at first, but it is targeted at devices that control other devices.  Think of your TV as the server and your remote as the client.  It's for couch potatoes.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2002, 03:31:46 pm »

Gotcha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up