INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ12 Or MC12 Which One?  (Read 5406 times)

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
MJ12 Or MC12 Which One?
« on: December 16, 2007, 11:26:11 pm »

I'm currently deciding which of the two i should use, Media Jukebox 12 would be ideal as i have no use for the Video, Images, downloads, or Podcasts. I only use it for Audio, but seveal things annoy me. For instance:

1) I cannot set MJ12 to start with audio, it always starts with Amazon MP3 Store. I only connect to the internet every so often.

2) The search feature in Audio cannot be cleared if another section of the program is accessed, say playlists.

3) In Smartlists the import/export feature has been removed, i feel this is an important part of the Smartlist Editor.

I hope these problems can be addressed as i would certainly use the Jukebox, even if it meant continuing to pay for Media Center. I for one would have no problem paying for the Audio only player at a reduced price if it had all of the features that Media Center 12 has, but of course only for Audio, as i've explained above.

Thanks

Steven F

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MJ12 Or MC12 Which One?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 04:39:01 am »

It's designed to be annoying I'd guess - thats what makes you want to pay the money for the upgrade which helps them to pay for their christmas party :)

If you want the more features just use the fuller program if you dont mind paying. You dont gain anything by using the cut down one.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 05:47:19 am »

In today's "King of the audio hill" title match the old champ faces a new challenger: MC12 vs. MJ12

1) I cannot set MJ12 to start with audio, it always starts with Amazon MP3 Store. I only connect to the internet every so often.

MC is better in this. -- MC scores: 1

2) The search feature in Audio cannot be cleared if another section of the program is accessed, say playlists.

This is probably a bug or mishap. I reported a similar issue in MC in the beta forum. -- No scores.

3) In Smartlists the import/export feature has been removed, i feel this is an important part of the Smartlist Editor.

MC has this.  -- MC scores: 1

I for one would have no problem paying for the Audio only player at a reduced price if it had all of the features that Media Center 12 has, but of course only for Audio, as i've explained above.

You can make MC's interface even more streamlined than MJ12's by deleting the unneeded view schemes and disabling all unnecessary features, plug-ins & services (see the screenshots).  -- MC scores: 1

Result: MC wins by 3-0

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 06:43:09 am »

It's designed to be annoying I'd guess - thats what makes you want to pay the money for the upgrade which helps them to pay for their christmas party :)
Amazon comes up every third time you start.  MJ also starts at the Update Page and at the Start Page.

Hey, it's free!

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 07:00:57 am »

The only reason i tried the free Media Jukebox was because i use another program for the images that i have, and as i have no videos, well enough said, however, because of all the problems, i've decided to go back to Media center. hopefully the bug i reported about smart-lists will soon be sorted out.

Can i though suggest that an exact copy of media Center for audio only could be an idea, which users pay for of cause, for as i've already stated, i use mine for audio only and i can't see that ever changing.

Thanks
Steven F

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 07:25:44 am »

Can i though suggest that an exact copy of media Center for audio only could be an idea, which users pay for of cause, for as i've already stated, i use mine for audio only and i can't see that ever changing.

I tried to explain how you can hide and disable the unwanted features in MC12. After doing that MC essentially is what you requested.

I didn't mention that you can choose to not associate MC12 with video and image files and also exclude these file types in the import options, but maybe these things are not as obvious as I thought.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dreamingof8a

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 09:14:52 am »

How did you get rid of the "Images" in the tree view on the left? I was able to delete "Video" but not "Images"?!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:29:05 am »

I'm not certain, but try deleting any images you've imported.  Be careful not to delete the files.

If the image library is empty, it may not show up in the tree.

dreamingof8a

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 04:27:52 am »

I'm not certain, but try deleting any images you've imported.  Be careful not to delete the files.

If the image library is empty, it may not show up in the tree.
Thanks man. That helped. After deleting all images you can delete the view scheme, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up