INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.396  (Read 4093 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.396
« on: December 18, 2007, 08:42:02 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120396.exe

12.0.396 (12/17/2007)

1. Fixed: Unassigned would not show in the panes for list-style fields.
2. Fixed: DVD playback using the EVR renderer would not properly maintain aspect ratio.
3. Changed: Nested keywords are saved and loaded to XMP and ITPC tags using forward slash as the delimiter instead of backslash.
4. Fixed: One letter groupings were not working properly in the panes.
5. NEW: Added Replace(string, what to find, what to replace with [optional -- defaults to empty]) expression function.
6. Changed: Searches and smartlist wizard allow searching for a playlist group, which in-turn searches all child playlists.
7. NEW: Cover Art style can be chosen in the right-click menu. (can choose between plain, drop shadow, rotated)
8. Changed: After clearing the date, then rotating an image, the date could come back incorrectly.
9. Changed: Auto-tagging on import to fill empty names with the filename, empty dates with the file date, etc. will only happen on original import -- never when simply updating file info from tags.
10. Changed: "Save time-shifting on stop" context menu options are listed in a submenu, instead of being listed as a single toggling item.
11. Fixed: Refresh (F5) or navigating into an artist / album stack would incorrectly clear the search.
12. Optimized: The Action Window and other things tied to the selected files update more smoothly when switching tabs.
13. Fixed: The options dialog would incorrectly allow editing of some items with a slow double click.

12.0.395 (12/14/2007)

1. Fixed: Typing a search, leaving a view, and coming back would cause the search to still be applied, even without using the back shortcut to preserve view state.

12.0.394 (12/14/2007)

1. Fixed: Keywords wouldn't nest when added to a view scheme until restarting the player.
2. Changed: All list style fields are nestable.
3. NEW: Added expression function ListCombine(List1, List2, PathToAppendToList2 (optional, defaults to empty), Delimiter (optional, defaults to semicolon)) to combine list type fields.
4. NEW: Added "DirectShow Filters" context menu options for TV, including "Copy graph info to clipboard".
5. Fixed: Shutting down the player during a podcast download or handheld transfer could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: When uploading tracks that need to be downloaded, the player could crash if a download error was encountered.

12.0.393 (12/14/2007)

1. Changed: "Use Bitrate Monitor" option for DVD now defaults to FALSE (unchecked).
2. Fixed: Unassigned didn't do anything.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.396
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 10:30:41 am »

In-place (F2) column editing, the Tab key no longer works for changing editing columns (to the next or previous column)  --- WHEN YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE TRACK SELECTED (works for single track selections).

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
Error connecting to Library Server
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:32:44 am »

I've been having issues connecting to the Library Server with this version and .395.  I can connect the client once but after I disconnect I have to restart the server copy before I can connect again.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I was running a matching version (.395 or .396 respectively) on both the server and client. 

jd

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:22:17 am »

In-place (F2) column editing, the Tab key no longer works for changing editing columns (to the next or previous column)  --- WHEN YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE TRACK SELECTED (works for single track selections).

This was on purpose, as otherwise tab would switch everything to the value of the first file.  This seems a little scary.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 11:31:46 am »

This was on purpose, as otherwise tab would switch everything to the value of the first file.  This seems a little scary.

That's how I always used to tag albums where all the info in some fields (genre, album title, recording location, original source, mood etc) was identical - enter the value in the first track's detail and push "tab" to accept the value for all the highlighted tracks, and move to the next column at the same time.

Is there an alternative way of doing this? At present I have to go to F2 for each field instead of just tabbing across. Much less efficient.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 11:41:27 am »

7. NEW: Cover Art style can be chosen in the right-click menu. (can choose between plain, drop shadow, rotated)

This is great and works fine.

Though, the drop shadow is a bit narrow if the cover art file happens to have high resolution (like 800x800 or more) and the display is set to a smaller size.

EDIT

I guess the drop shadow is resized together with the image. Would it be posssible to draw it after the display image is resized?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 11:51:10 am »

I have noticed a bug while converting all of my music for playback on my MP3 player:

I have selected a number albums for conversion to my handheld device. Conversion is set to 'always convert' to OGG, 2 simultaneous conversions, 'remove cover art from tags', and 'save cover art to folder.jpg file'. Upon conversion, most of the albums don't have their cover art saved in Folder.JPG. Of the 40-odd albums I've converted, only 6 or 7 have the folder.jpg file created on my handheld. The files in my library all have the cover art stored in the tags, and they include both MP3's and Musepack (MPC) encoded files. There is no pattern I can see either - folder.jpg's were created from cover art stored in both encoded file types.

Edit: I think I may have figured out the issue: I checked my cover art directory, and all of the folder.jpg files that were created exist in there. However, this means that if the cover art is stored solely in the audio file, folder.jpg will never be created for that album. I think this still warrants being called a bug...
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

rjm

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 12:32:17 pm »

1. Fixed: Unassigned would not show in the panes for list-style fields.
whewww... glad this is back. :)

9. Changed: Auto-tagging on import to fill empty names with the filename, empty dates with the file date, etc. will only happen on original import -- never when simply updating file info from tags.
Excellent! This has bugged me for a long time.

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 02:22:38 pm »

The Last.FM plugin does not work when us are listening on a client machine.  This is the info that is in the plug-in status. Any idea if this is going to be fixed?

18/12/2007 14:18:51.018 (       11) > File did not qualify (0) therefore it's not being submitted!
18/12/2007 14:18:50.818 (       10) > Issuing the following filter: ~d=a filename="m01p://XXX.XXXX.com:86/C:^5cMusic^5cMike Doughty^5cSmofe + Smang^5cTrue Dreams Of Wichita - 20.mp3" Filetype=[mp3],[wav],[ogg],[flac],[ape],[mpc],[wma],[wv]

Where XXX.XXXX is direct to my server.

Drew

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 03:46:16 pm »

Hmmmmm, that's how I've been using F2 editing for years and years now (bummer it's been removed).  And, it used to only change the column's value on tab if the first file's value was changed.  To me, it was all working correctly before.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Error connecting to Library Server
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 04:18:29 pm »

I've been having issues connecting to the Library Server with this version and .395.  I can connect the client once but after I disconnect I have to restart the server copy before I can connect again.

I think I know what is causing this, I'm working on it...

j

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 04:35:01 pm »

[...]
6. Changed: Searches and smartlist wizard allow searching for a playlist group, which in-turn searches all child playlists.
[...]

WOW !!! This was fast :o I am impressed!! A big thanks to you guys!!

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 05:48:00 pm »

Hmmmmm, that's how I've been using F2 editing for years and years now (bummer it's been removed).  And, it used to only change the column's value on tab if the first file's value was changed.  To me, it was all working correctly before.
FWIW, I fall in-line with the other guys in this thread, and have been using it heavily.... Maybe another thread to debate?

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 06:06:11 pm »

I hate me-too posts, but I also use the tab edit method as well and would not be happy if it has changed.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 06:41:12 pm »

Nothing scary for me... this was one of my everyday used features. There is no other way for doing some masstagging as easy as the oldstyle tab key did. I hope there will is a chance to get it back...

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 10:59:47 pm »

Seem to be having an issue with the scheduler - times are an hour out of sync (set MC to play at 7:10am, it starts at 8:10am)
Could this be related to the fact that I'm in Sydney (Australia) and we're currently in daylight savings time? Only thing I can think of...

Adding another "me too" vote for reverting this to the old functionality. It was very handy!!

Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 11:32:27 pm »

Seem to be having an issue with the scheduler - times are an hour out of sync (set MC to play at 7:10am, it starts at 8:10am)
Could this be related to the fact that I'm in Sydney (Australia) and we're currently in daylight savings time? Only thing I can think of...

Is the countdown (like Waiting 3:00) also off by an hour?

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 12:21:45 am »

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 01:40:16 am »

Is the countdown (like Waiting 3:00) also off by an hour?

I recreated the task - and it seems to be a non-issue now.

Previously - yes - the timer was out by an hour.
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 07:34:24 am »

With "Run Media Server at Windows Startup" checked, clicking the MC desktop or start-menu icon to start MC causes the Media Server to crash yet MC does not load.

Upon checking the Task Manager I find "Media Center 12" is running with Zero CPU usage but over 97,000kb of ram (frozen?) and I cannot force MC to close using the Task Manager.

Note: clicking on the Media Server icon in the Ssyem Tray and selecting "Show Media Center" does work as it should, yet the other icons cause a problem.
. . . the game is rigged

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 09:27:09 am »

With "Run Media Server at Windows Startup" checked, clicking the MC desktop or start-menu icon to start MC causes the Media Server to crash yet MC does not load.

I cannot reproduce this. Something else is going on. Please start a new thread with more details...

j

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 09:37:12 am »

Upon checking the Task Manager I find "Media Center 12" is running with Zero CPU usage but over 97,000kb of ram (frozen?) and I cannot force MC to close using the Task Manager.

Note: clicking on the Media Server icon in the Ssyem Tray and selecting "Show Media Center" does work as it should, yet the other icons cause a problem.

Try disabling Options > General > Advanced > Allow multiple instances to run at one time

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 09:55:59 am »

I like it the old way too.  Any way to make it an option?  Best of both worlds. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up