INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback stops at end of each song  (Read 7063 times)

jerichochicago

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Playback stops at end of each song
« on: December 18, 2007, 10:36:18 pm »

I have a strange one here. A few other folks have posted about a similar problem, but never any resolution in the threads.

I have a strange intermittent problem with music playback through TiVo stopping at the end of each song. Initially I would have to reboot my TiVo to fix the problem. The problem seemed to go away, so I figured one of the MC updates must have fixed it. However, tonight I was listening to a Christmas smartlist and was about 15 songs into it. I paused the music for a few minutes and when I started it again, it finished playing the track I had paused and then stopped playing about a second before the end of the track. If I manually advance to the next track it plays fine until it gets to the end of that song and then stops again.

Rather than reboot the TiVo, I decided to first try starting over from TiVo Central. I went back in, started the playlist again and now it's advancing fine.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks-
Jake

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback stops at end of each song
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 06:47:00 am »

Did you try updating to the build at the top of the MC12 board here?

jerichochicago

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 10:21:24 pm »

At the time I posted, I had the latest build. I just installed .400 and am having the same issue. If I do anything to interrupt playback, it won't automatically advance to the next song when the current song finishes. I have to back out and restart the playlist again, after which it will advance automatically. Can't find anything abnormal in the TiVo server playback log.

kpeluso

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 07:50:31 pm »

What I have found is that the playlists will work fine through TiVo until I manually jump ahead or go go back to different songs.  After doing that the playlist will no longer automatically advance.  Very frustrating and I  swear this used to work in MC 11 (earlier version).

loganizzi

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 05:10:34 pm »

I have the same problem.  As soon as I manually skip forward in a playlist it will no longer automatic advance to the next song at the end of a song.

No idea why.

loganizzi

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 09:37:38 pm »

Just out of curiosity - for those that are seeing this same problem are you running on a Series2 or Series3 machine?  I have one of each machine and I'm only seeing the problem on my Series3 machine.  The series2 is able to continue playing no matter how much I skip through the playlist.

I've spend a little time attempting to charactize the problem. 

- It happens with both playlists and smartlists as well. 
- The number of songs in a playlist does not seem to make a difference. 
- It is not due to any particular song, since sometimes it will work with a particular song and sometimes it wont. 
- Turning off the file conversion feature in MediaCenter does not change anything.
- I've looked at the log files and debug print outs but they do not seem to indicate a root cause.

I am at a loss.  I'm just glad that I hadn't purchased the software before I saw this issue.  Unless anyone has any ideas of how to debug this issue, I guess I'll be going back to the Galleon software and do without Smartlists.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:53:10 am »

As reported in the newest build thread, I am seeing this issue as well - after going forward/back in a list, songs will then not auto-advance.  This is cured by going back to the root and newly selecting a list.

sethjvm

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 07:53:16 pm »

I have a Tivo Series3 and I too have this problem but I use Tivo Desktop 2.6.1 so I doubt this is an issue with JRiver.

I am giving JRiver a try because I had hoped the playback issue was Tivo Desktop 2.6.1 specific but I am having the same playback problem with JRiver so...
Pages: [1]   Go Up