INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customer Testamonial--And a Question  (Read 706 times)

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Customer Testamonial--And a Question
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:19:16 pm »

I've been working my way through a series of 80 instructional videos.  Er, never mind the subject.  At any rate, these videos are organized in 8 or so chapters with anywhere from 1 to 15 or so videos in a chapter.  They are all .mov files, and the video is packaged with a .exe launcher that supposedly helps organize this mess, but all it really does when you click on a chapter is launch a windows explorer box and force you to peck through the files looking for the proper one.

The solution, of course, was to use MC.  At first all I did was import the launcher into "Documents".  Since these are instructional manuals--video books--I felt VERY strongly that they should not be in "videos".  I wanted them next to .pdf files of related topics, which are in "documents".  But having the launcher there worked fine.  Since the view was devoted to documents and all the fields were document-related, it looked just like any other book.

However, the launcher sucked and did nothing useful.  So I created a playlist of the videos, using the same view scheme of my documents.  Now I have all the videos just like I want them, ordered properly and tagged as if they were books, which is perfect for me.  HOWEVER . . .

What i would love to do is show this playlist in my "Documents" view, just as if it were a document itself.  Is this possible?  Or is it perhaps a Future Feature Observation (FFO)?   
Pages: [1]   Go Up