INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub-tags  (Read 1367 times)

zaragon

Sub-tags
« on: January 06, 2008, 10:39:57 am »

I might be one of the few people here using the images-function in mc.

However, look at this example of pictures with different tags/sub-tags

---
imgA, tagged: Christmas
imgB, tagged: Christmas\Eve
imgC, tagged: Christmas\XDay
---

In MC, as it is now, it will look like this

---
Events:
Christmas
 - This Folder (contains imgA, imgB, imgC)
 - Eve (contains imgB)
 - XDay (contains imgC)
---

So. The problem is, MC auto-checks "Christmas: This Folder" for all tre three images. My opinion is, only imgA should be in "Christmas:This Folder".
Otherwise, there is no use in having the "This Folder"-line in the Events-list, since I can mark the root line "Christmas" to see all christmas-pics.

Hope I made myself clear enough.
</forum post>

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sub-tags
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:06:41 am »

I might be one of the few people here using the images-function in mc.
Here's a poll we did recently:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42725.0

About 40% use MC for images.

It's hard to understand how you're tagging.  To get better results, you might try using Album for your main category, and something else for a sub-category.  Or you could use the nested keyword feature in the latest build (available at the top of this board).

robydago

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 11:23:04 am »

So. The problem is, MC auto-checks "Christmas: This Folder" for all tre three images. My opinion is, only imgA should be in "Christmas:This Folder".

i'm using the new nested keywords feature and, in version .404, 'This Folder' is working as expected (i.e. I get ony imgA)

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 11:29:16 am »

He is using the nested feature. (zaragon one of my MC converts ;))

robydago has understood what he tried to say, so I think that it must have been clear enough. I don't use the image functionality, so I am of no help there, I'm afraid.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

zaragon

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 11:41:18 am »

i'm using the new nested keywords feature and, in version .404, 'This Folder' is working as expected (i.e. I get ony imgA)

I use, as p73 says, .404, and nested keywords, tagging in Tagging Mode, and I have to de-check 'This Folder' for all the images.. :S
</forum post>

robydago

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 11:48:32 am »

I use, as p73 says, .404, and nested keywords, tagging in Tagging Mode, and I have to de-check 'This Folder' for all the images.. :S

sorry but i don't get it; what happens if you select ONLY "This Folder" (deselecting Christmas\Eve, Christmas\XDay AND Christmas)?

zaragon

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:09:59 pm »

If I select ONLY Christmas:This Folder, then all the files in the Christmas:subs shows, too (the ones, that I have not manually de-checked).

However it seems like you somehow get it right, maybe I just have to try another 50 times, and it will suddenly be as I want it...
</forum post>
Pages: [1]   Go Up