INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wma tag bug  (Read 972 times)

cumpstey

wma tag bug
« on: January 27, 2008, 04:12:46 am »

There seems to be a bug in the way MJ12 reads wma tags. Although it reads the artist tag correctly for the file list view, in the album cover view it displays a different tag. I don't deal with wmas much, but I've had to go into wmp to correct a few files.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: wma tag bug
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 02:49:01 pm »

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. If the Artist field value inside the library is correct, but the thumbnail text is incorrect the problem is somewhere between the library field and the displayed output, not in the WMA tag reading system.

Probably the value of the "Album Artist (auto )" field is incorrect for some reason, but more info about your library organization is needed before the problem can be solved.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:17:26 pm »

I converted a file to wma and checked the tags. The wma/album artist tag is correctly mapped with the Album Artist field in MC12. Probably you can correct the problem simply by writing the correct value in the Album Artist field inside MC. (Don't change the "Album Artist (auto)" field which is used for grouping multiple artists albums and e.g. for thumbnail displays. It is supposed to work automatically.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

cumpstey

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 03:37:02 pm »

In between your replies I played with WMP and MJ, and discovered the difference between Artist and Album Artist fields - at least in WMP (and wrote a reply which is now irrelevant :-) ). I still have no idea how to change the Album Artist tag in MJ - selecting an album from the thumbnail view and tagging it changes only the Artist field, not the Album Artist field. Where do I need to go to be able to change the Album Artist?

Thanks for your help. I'm glad it's a bug in me, not MJ - it's one of the best pieces of software I've used.

Neil

cumpstey

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 03:39:52 pm »

Ah. I've just found the 'Show All Tags' menu option. It's a lot easier if you know what you're looking for. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up