INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need help making a view scheme that avoids duplicates.  (Read 1073 times)

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
I need help making a view scheme that avoids duplicates.
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:31:37 pm »

I would like to make a view scheme based on genre. I use a custom field called "work" for a classical work with multiple movements. I would like to filter out the duplicate "works" so only one shows. That would then lead to multiple movements in that each work referrs to several files by "name". Much like "album". When I do nothing it shows my 14 genre's and each file. However when I use the wizard to try to avoid duplicates of classical "works", it looses about three genres and doesn't show most of the works that should be there. Can somebody walk me through this? I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I need help making a view scheme that avoids duplicates.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:10:54 am »

You could possibly lose some genres if you have different genres assigned to different files in the same [work] group?

could you open the wizard for editing, and then, in the top right, you should see an 'import/export' button.
could you click on that, then copy/paste whatever is in there into your next post.

thanks.

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 07:35:36 am »

I do not have different genres assigned to the same work.  Sorry I can't find wizard for editing and  'import/export' button. Can you be more explicit on how to find it?

The wizard says edit smart list. Step 4 in the view scheme editor says  ~nodup=[Composer, Work, Performing Artist/(s/)] ~sort=[Album Artist (auto)],[Album],[Disc #],[track #],[Name]  The name of my "work" field is actually "Composer, Work, Performing Artist/(s/)".

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 08:57:53 pm »

Never mind. I figured it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up