INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback skipping in MC12  (Read 1061 times)

trevgrif

• Recent member
Playback skipping in MC12
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:57:56 pm »

I have playback problems - it is as if MC mutes the playback for a second or 2, then resumes playing again. This happens about every 2 to 3 minutes. I do not have this problem on Jukebox 12 at all, only with MC12. I have downloaded the latest build without any improvement. I have set the buffering settings to 4 seconds - no improvement. I mainly play Apple Lossless and MP3 files, and it happens to the Apple Lossless files only. It also happens when MC is the only application open.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playback skipping in MC12
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 03:28:55 pm »

ALAC has to play using the QuickTime engine since it is closed-source and proprietary.

You might look at APE or FLAC.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 03:32:34 pm »

I would strongly recommend completely uninstalling Quicktime, and then rebooting, and reinstalling it (make sure to re-download the latest installer) via these instructions.  I've seen this fix lots of Quicktime-engine related problems.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:47:41 am »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I bit the bullet and converted my whole collection to FLAC with DBPowerAmp Music Convertor. Now there is no skipping and the track info shows up automatically. There is a momentary skip every now and then but that might be due to a sudden demand for processor power from another application. Maybe some adjustment to the buffering could solve that.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up