INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arranging videos by tags  (Read 1374 times)

CrasHthe2nd

• Recent member
Arranging videos by tags
« on: February 26, 2008, 12:52:28 pm »

First of all, apologies if this has been asked before but after reading the stickies and searching for it I couldn't find an answer.

I'm seriously considering buy this software, but my one complaint about it so far is the way in which videos are organised within the Theatre veiw.  Is there any way to specify a custom set of fields to group your videos by, for example if I wanted to view them by Artist then Album only?  Is there an XML file or similar somewhere I can edit to make this an available grouping option?  Thanks.

CrasHthe2nd

• Recent member
Re: Arranging videos by tags
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 02:16:08 am »

Bump.  Is it not possible to do this?

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 02:39:25 am »

There is, create a new view scheme to your requirments (right click on Video, Add View Scheme), and make sure the Show in Theater View option is checked. Once in theater view, if the view you've created is not visible as a sub-item of the parent Video view, choose the "Views" button, and it should be visible there.

[Edit] Welcome to Interact :D

CrasHthe2nd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:58:57 am »

Thanks for your help, I'll give it a go tonight.

CrasHthe2nd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 01:15:30 pm »

Works brilliantly, I just have one more question.  Can I have it viewed by Artist/Album/Name but sorted by Episode number within the name level?

If you do Artist/Album/Episode/Name then you have to go through an episode number level to the name level which just contains the 1 video.  What I'd like is to have grouping by artist, then by album, and then within the album group I have the episodes shown by name but sorted by episode number.  Or am I taking this too far?  :)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 04:07:40 pm »

You can do it. Just edit your 'Artist/Album/Name' viewscheme. You'll see in the bottom where you can add some advanced expressions. You can specify the sorting there, and it doesn't need to include the fields in the viewscheme.

For example, in one of mine, I have the modifier:
~sort=[Episode],[Date],[Season],[Name],[Filename],[Duration],[Date Imported]-d

...but very few of those fields are actually in the scheme.

The help guide can show you further options on sorting and the modifiers it takes.

brad

CrasHthe2nd

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

Got it!  Thanks so much for your help.  I'll be ordering myself a media PC next week and a copy of this software to sit on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up