INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: m4a files and ratings (POPM ID3 tags) support  (Read 1258 times)

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
m4a files and ratings (POPM ID3 tags) support
« on: March 06, 2008, 04:55:31 am »

Hello,

I'd like to know if it is planned to implement this feature when synchronizing with an iPod, because this is a key feature for me and not having it severely limits the usefulness of the whole program.
Alternatively, I could try to export the ratings from the iPod using an external program and then import them into my local files and resynchronize the library with them, but it would be much better to do it via the program like with mp3 files.

Regards,
Fabrizio

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: m4a files and ratings (POPM ID3 tags) support
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 07:44:24 am »

MC doesn't tag m4a files (or indeed any file that is an mp4 container) at all. I have yet to find a practical way to export the information in the MC database and then use that information to retag my m4a files.

What is the issue with using MC to manage the iPod? I believe it transfers ratings... (I don't rate my files, but I do use MC to sync my iPod)....

brad

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: m4a files and ratings (POPM ID3 tags) support
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 10:06:53 am »

MC doesn't tag m4a files (or indeed any file that is an mp4 container) at all. I have yet to find a practical way to export the information in the MC database and then use that information to retag my m4a files.

What is the issue with using MC to manage the iPod? I believe it transfers ratings... (I don't rate my files, but I do use MC to sync my iPod)....

brad

My usual "modus operandi" is to rate the songs on the iPod while I am on the subway, I never need to do it the opposite way (PC -> iPod).  I think it would be better to track this information permanently into the files (they are on an external USB drive), I don't have anything against managing them from MC, my only concern is that the ratings associated to the m4a files, stored only into the MC database, will be lost in case of import of the files into another program (just as an example, iTunes :-) ).

Fabrizio
Pages: [1]   Go Up