INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using album grouping  (Read 870 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Using album grouping
« on: April 01, 2008, 11:50:37 am »

I tried to do something today but just couldn't figure it out. I have 10 albums by an artist but I only wanted to listen to half of them in ascending date order. I grouped them and great, they were sorted by date. I was hoping to be able to select an entire album somehow by clicking on the group's title, right-clicking it, etc. but couldn't find a way. I did discover by clicking around since there's no indication that if I click in the blank spot before the group title that it will expand/collapse that group.

Is there a way to select an entire group?
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Using album grouping
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:08 am »

Right click and drag the selection box around it.
Or select the album titles from the pane.

I brought all of this up once and was told that right now, the grouping is just for aesthetics and isn't really functional yet. Hopefully someday it will be.

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:34:34 am »

I forgot about the drag option. It's still the same as just selecting all the files for that album like click the first, Shift+Click the last one, but it is faster.

Aesthetics is nice but I agree the groups should be somewhat useful.  :)
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:18:34 am »

it would be cool if you could apply grouping upon grouping. kind of like the sorting interface is now, where you can add more than one field to sort in a heirachical list.

That would kind of end up being a way of sorting groups, which i keep whining on about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up