INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two machines - same library, no both machines on requirement  (Read 830 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Two machines - same library, no both machines on requirement
« on: April 11, 2008, 09:30:32 am »

Hi!

This is a reoccurring question I guess, so I hope you forgive me for asking again.

I have been using a shared storage for my two pc's, to use the same library. But the NAS I use, is not always being on the good side (especially after the latest firmware...). So I want to go offline from the NAS, but need to be able to access the same views and playlist on both machines. From what I could see, Library Sever does not support that.

I think to remember a article from maybe Glynor about syncing library files occasionally, but could not find it. It meant that one should stick to editing on one computer, and that is not a problem.

Is this the only other approach? And anyone know the url for that article? I do not want shared storage on one machine, since that requires both machines to be online when the other machine is used.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up