INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Type tag: Possible to Edit? What sets it?  (Read 1091 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
Album Type tag: Possible to Edit? What sets it?
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:52:31 pm »

I am trying to build an expression (to be opened in a different thread) using the Album Type tag to determine how to create the folder for file renaming so that albums with multible artist go in a folder "Various Artists\Album\" rather than Artist\Album which leaves me with lots of folders with only one song in them.

I have found that many of my albums that have various artist in them have songs in them with Album Type "Single ..." and others with "Multiple...". Whats the deal?

Is there a way to override this and have it user defined? It seems to have me locked out of it.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Album Type tag: Possible to Edit? What sets it?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:42:35 pm »

MC has a great built-in system for handling "various artists" albums automatically. The "Album Artist (auto)" field contains either one artist name or (Multiple Artists) if the album has several artists. You can override the "Album Artist (auto)" value by typing something else in the "Album Artist" field if preferred. You can use the "Album Artist (auto)" field in view schemes and naming rules instead of the standard Artist field.

If an album is not automatically detected as a (Multiple Artists) album when it should then the file tags are not exactly correct.

The following thread explains the system in detail:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255.0

Edit: Fixed the link. (I had a wrong link on the clipboard.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: Album Type tag: Possible to Edit? What sets it?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:25:29 pm »

Thanks Alex, I was able to use this to get my expression to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up