INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automation Interface - how to regenerate files in a smartlist?  (Read 4133 times)

wtf

• Recent member

I can control MC12 through the automation interface and have been able to find a specific smartlist and play the files, but the next time I call my function I get the same collection of files.  Tried removing them, etc. but it didn't help.  Does anyone know the trick to get a new set of files created?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automation Interface - how to regenerate files in a smartlist?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 04:39:27 pm »

dont know a direct way, but going through the back door, you could use a commandline from within your code to start playing a smart list using the playreplace with the right treepath for the smart list
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/The_Command_Line

wtf

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:28:41 pm »

Yeah, that's how I was doing it before.  When I updated to MC12 and Homeseer 2, I wanted to change the way I remotely run MC through browsers so I wrote some VB to catch events/update playing now image/control MC.  I can do it the commandline way but since I'm already playing with the object directly I figured I would try that way.  I assume 'playreplace' is using the same API calls but in the 'proper'  ::) way.

wtf

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:47:45 pm »

Running 'MC12.exe /MCC 22007' before GetFiles() does it.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:24:18 pm »

What kind of smartlist are you dealing with?  I always seem to get a new set of files with each call to GetFiles() (my example smartlist is 50 tracks from a particular genre).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up