INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cncb -- Image Playback  (Read 4829 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
cncb -- Image Playback
« on: April 23, 2008, 08:43:00 am »

From cncb:

Hi Matt,

Sorry for the personal message but I think this is the best way to place this unusual request.  I am working on a second version of my MC Vista Sidebar Gadget with some changes to allow it to behave like the built-in "slideshow" gadget for image playback.  The problem I am running into is that when MC loses focus, is minimized, or I switch to a different zone the image playback is paused.  This makes sense in all cases except for this one where the image is being displayed in an external window.  Is there any way this could be changed or some other workaround?

Thanks,
-Craig
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: cncb -- Image Playback
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:47:19 am »

Help us understand a little better.

Are you slaving the JRiver display, so that whatever is playing shows in the gadget?

Or, are you playing the same content _again_ inside the gadget?

I'm partial to the first approach (especially with RAW images, etc.).  If you like that approach, we could export functions (or Windows messages) to allow you to set the display owner.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 09:06:08 am »

Thanks for the reply.  I am just getting and displaying a thumbnail for the current playing file (via automation) which is probably the only way to do it within the gadget html framework (there is really no "window" to take ownership).  I just need MC to keep playing the images even when not "displaying" them if this is possible.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 01:40:59 pm »

This is a tricky one because I think that image playback pausing when not showing is an important feature.

If we knew someone wanted playback to continue regardless (via an SDK call) we might be able to make it work.  It feels very specialized for an SDK function though, so I wonder if there'd be an easier way.  Any ideas?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 02:00:33 pm »

Would it be possible to make this a "per zone" playback setting that is off by default (maybe "hidden" in the UI somewhere)?  I had planned anyways to set up a zone just for "gadget slideshows" that wouldn't interfere with the main playback zone.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 11:45:32 am »

Since Media Center playing the images is sort of a waste, would it be possible for you to stop playback in Media Center and run your own timer to walk through the playing list?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 01:16:25 pm »

I guess this would be possible but then I would have to implement some kind of mixed playlist logic and playback control in my gadget which I would rather not do since MC of course already has this taken care of.  My update to the gadget is ready to go - maybe I should just release it and then you could gauge the general interest in using it as a "slideshow player" to see if it is worthwhile to implement some kind of change?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 04:26:05 pm »

My update to the gadget is ready to go - maybe I should just release it and then you could gauge the general interest in using it as a "slideshow player" to see if it is worthwhile to implement some kind of change?

Please do.  After some users kick the tires, an even better solution than either of us has come up with may bubble up.

greggd3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 04:06:43 pm »

So where do you download this gadet file?   ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 04:18:40 pm »