INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto-import not working on network shares  (Read 2035 times)

CadErik

• World Citizen
auto-import not working on network shares
« on: April 26, 2008, 02:32:52 pm »

For some reasons, none of the files in my network shares are being imported through the auto import.
I can browse the shares and open the files with explorer but MC seems to "skip" these locations when running the auto import.

In the logs there is
Failed to watch folder '\\bertie\video\' (Error: 53)

Any clues?

CadErik

• World Citizen
Re: auto-import not working on network shares
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 02:55:26 pm »

For some reasons, none of the files in my network shares are being imported through the auto import.
I can browse the shares and open the files with explorer but MC seems to "skip" these locations when running the auto import.

In the logs there is
Failed to watch folder '\\bertie\video\' (Error: 53)

Any clues?

Ok the location was wrong... the folder was \\bertie\videos but the import of all avi files failed

0000015: 3504: General: JRWorker::Main: Processing AnalyzeRP task...
0000015: 3504: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AddFileRP: Start
0000062: 3504: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Documents and Settings\GrenobleHouse\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Temp\RPFailureCount - 3392.xml
0000062: 3504: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Documents and Settings\GrenobleHouse\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Temp\RPFailureCount - 3392.xml
0000062: 3504: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AddFileRP: RP failure count loaded from XML is 3
0000062: 3504: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AddFileRP: New RP failure count to save to XML is 3
0000062: 3504: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AddFileRP: Finish (47 ms)
0000062: 3504: General: JRWorker::Main: AnalyzeRP succeeded...
0000062: 3504: General: JRWorker::Main: Task completed in 0.0 ms, result = 0

The thumbnails did not work and the strangest part is that all the files are showing in "All Videos" but they are not showing in the "Disk location" under the share \\bertie.

Erik

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 03:51:11 pm »

all the files are showing in "All Videos" but they are not showing in the "Disk location" under the share \\bertie.

I noticed this too. Earlier today I tried to change my usual three mapped drive letters to network shares on one of my PCs.

I replaced:
X:\  with  \\ABX\x_music\
Y:\  with  \\ABX\y_video\
Z:\  with  \\ABX\z_stuff\

MC replaced the paths correctly and the shares worked in other library views but the "Disk Location" view schemes showed only \\ABX (the server's name), not the three separate shares. When I selected the \\ABX tree branch the file list was completely empty.

I would have expected it to show the three separate shares similarly like the X:, Y: and Z: drive letters showed up before.

The purpose of this experiment was to test if network shares would practically be any different from the mapped drive letters, which I have used for years.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 07:53:26 pm »

I'm also seeing this.

The purpose of this experiment was to test if network shares would practically be any different from the mapped drive letters, which I have used for years.

Alex, I've recently made this transition to UNC path names myself. From an MC perspective, there's been little difference but I find using UNC simpler to implement than mapped drives especially across many clients. It also means I no longer need to worry about Windows randmonly dropping drive mappings for no apparent reason.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 04:45:03 am »

I would like to use UNC but MC lacks of setting user and password ... I suggested this feature several months ago .... but nobody seemded interested ...

rjm

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:56:59 am »

Proper UNC support would make my life a lot simpler. I have used up all 26 available drive letters and it is a real struggle juggling to stay within this Windows A to Z constraint.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 09:54:33 am »

I too think "proper" UNC support (including prompting for U/P when needed, and perhaps even saving said password) would be terrific.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up