INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.490  (Read 3957 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.490
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:24:05 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120490.exe

12.0.490 (4/30/2008)

1. Fixed: UNC path browsing in Disk Location view schemes did not work properly in the tree.
2. Fixed: Pasting strings with unsupported characters (tabs, non-printables, etc.) into the search box would do nothing.
3. Fixed: Cleaned up some wording with Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool.
4. Fixed: Possible crash while analyzing audio using the popup dialog.
5. NEW: Audio Analyzer dialog is sizable, remembers last position, and doesn't disable the list during processing.
6. NEW: Audio Analyzer dialog can run multiple analyze processes at once. (defaults to 2)
7. Fixed: Holding shift while drawing a right-click lasso in a list wouldn't do additive selection.
8. Changed: Dropping files to transfer on a handheld while it's gathering the files already on the device will show a wait message (with cancel) instead of doing nothing.
9. Optimized: Generic storage card devices or user-created virtual devices gather files the first time the handheld is used, instead of at startup. (so missing network drives, mapping a huge drive, etc. won't cause performance issues)
10. Optimized: Improved performance of list rendering when viewing handheld transfer progress.
11. Fixed: When adding a file that's already in Playing Now to the end of Playing Now, playback would begin with the first instance of the file.
12. Changed: The default restored size of the main application is 80% of the screen instead of a hard-coded value in the skin. (program starts maximized by default)
13. Changed: Revised how list style (details, thumbnails, etc.) is saved so that if it is changed to the default mode for a view, the list style will automatically adapt to the media types in the list.
14. Changed: Track Info visualizations create the generated HTML file in the temporary folder instead of the Program Files folder (to avoid permissions issues).

12.0.489 (4/29/2008)

1. Changed: Audio file types that are played in DirectShow are not analyzed during Auto-import.
2. Changed: Audio file types that are playable in native playback engine only via DirectShow are analyzed (in Audio Analyze tool) only if the user chooses to play the types in DirectShow (for example if you do not choose to play m4a files in DirectShow, they will not be analyzed).
3. Changed: Print Wizard uses updated user interface system. (should be internal change only)
4. Changed: Print Wizard is sizable.
5. NEW: "Haali Video Renderer" is included in the video renderer list for DVD and DirectShow Video playback.
6. Changed: Narrower space between pictures when printing pictures in "Passport Photo (2x2) Mode".
7. Changed: "Divx Subtitle Source" filter is excluded from the "Source Filters" list because it pops up "Open File" dialog window when loaded.
8. Changed: Revised internal workings of image code, launcher, and setup finalizer (should be internal change only).
9. Changed: Renamed "Rename Files From Properties" to "Rename, Move, & Copy Files".
10. Changed: Removed redundant tools "Move Disk Files" and "Copy Disk Files". (use Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool)
11. NEW: Added Greek translation (thanks, Apostolos [sorry this took so long]).
12. NEW: Added Albanian translation (thanks, Bestar).
13. Changed: DirectShow filters that do not have one of the key words "Source", "File", "Splitter", "read", "pump", "parser" are no longer tested for inclusion in the "Source Filters" list. This will make MC less likely to crash due to bad filters, but may accidentally exclude some true source filters. Let us know if you know a source filter that you would like to use but it does not appear in the list.
14. Changed: Library Tool > Find & Replace defaults to no selected fields instead of all fields selected.
15. Changed: Added "Edit View Scheme..." to the bottom of the View Settings menu in the header of all library views.
16. Optimized: Improved the drawing speed of grouped details views.
17. Changed: Theater View Videos view has "All Files (by date)" and "All Files (by name)" in the Views menu.

12.0.488 (4/25/2008)

1. Optimized: Improved performance of core string system, helping performance everywhere.
2. Optimized: Panes in library views require less memory.
3. Optimized: The Podcasting engine could update the UI more than necessary.
4. Fixed: Files from a portable install using (Install Drive):\ filenames would not update from external changes properly with auto-import.
5. Fixed: Image editor toolbar would draw incorrectly with some skins.
6. Fixed: TV Time-shifting with WinTV PVR 150 device using "Hardware Encoding" profile did not work on Vista (EC_ERRORABORT message flashes on screen, and MC reverts to no time-shifting).
7. Changed: Time-shifting media data files have changed. This should be internal change that should be transparent to users.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: Media Center 12.0.490
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 04:08:32 pm »

Sending an image file to Playing Now along with the Audio files causes MC to stop playback when it reaches the Image file, rather than move on to the next audio file as I'd expect.

Is this as intended, or a bug?
. . . the game is rigged

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 04:42:37 pm »

The RealMedia hang which started in .487 is still here :(
Another log segment for you:
Code: [Select]
0006521: 5208: General: CWebView::OnTitleChange: Start
0006521: 5208: General: CWebView::OnTitleChange: Title: Start
0006521: 5208: General: CWebView::OnTitleChange: Finish (0 ms)
0006537: 5876: General: CLoaderThread::Thread: Start
0006537: 5208: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Start
0006537: 5208: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Action 21 (thread id = 5208)
0006537: 5208: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Waiting... (0 ms)
0006537: 5208: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Finish (0 ms)
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadAudioRenderer: Start
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadAudioRenderer: Finish (0 ms)
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: Start
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter: Start
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadSourceFilter: Finish (0 ms)
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: LoadSourceFilter returned 0x80004005
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadTransformFilters: Start
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::LoadTransformFilters: Finish (0 ms)
0006630: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: LoadTransformFilters returned 0x1
0007504: 5208: Playback: CBitrateMonitor::UpdateBitrate: Start
0007504: 5208: Playback: CBitrateMonitor::UpdateBitrate: Accum audio bytes 0, video bytes 0, time period 1578.579800 ms
0007504: 5208: Playback: CBitrateMonitor::UpdateBitrate: Bitrate for current period: 0, audio: 0, video 0
0007504: 5208: Playback: CBitrateMonitor::UpdateBitrate: Finish (0 ms)
0007941: 5208: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Art\Logo.png
0007941: 5208: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Art\Logo.png
0008128: 5208: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Start
0008128: 5208: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Event: 10, 15728960, 0
0008128: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::LayoutWindow: Start
0008128: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::LayoutWindow: Finish (0 ms)
0008128: 5208: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Finish (0 ms)
0008175: 5208: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Start
0008175: 5208: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Event: 10, 31982420, 0
0008175: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::LayoutWindow: Start
0008175: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::LayoutWindow: Finish (0 ms)
0008175: 5208: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Finish (0 ms)
0008175: 5092: Playback: CDShowFileRenderer::RenderFile: Finish (1545 ms)
0008190: 5092: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::Load: Unknown exception caught.
0008190: 5092: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::Load: Finish (2215 ms)
0008190: 5092: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::Thread: PostToMainThread returned 1
0008190: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::ProcessMainThreadMessage: Start
0008190: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::ProcessMainThreadMessage: Process Play (nRetVal: 0)
0008190: 5208: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: F:\MCLib\J River\Media Center 12\Library\field (playback info).jmd
0008190: 5208: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: F:\MCLib\J River\Media Center 12\Library\field (playback info).jmd
0008190: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::ProcessMainThreadMessage: Finish (0 ms)
0008190: 5092: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::Thread: Worker thread exiting
0008190: 5092: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::Thread: Finish (2231 ms)
0008190: 5208: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Start
0008190: 5208: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Checking for not loaded playback engine
0008190: 5208: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Firing stop to playback engine
0008190: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::FindStreams: Start
0008190: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::FindStreamSelectInterface: Start
0008190: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::FindStreamSelectInterface: Finish (0 ms)
0008190: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::FindStreams: IStreamSelect interface not found
0008190: 5208: Playback: CDXPlayerWindow::FindStreams: Finish (0 ms)

Cheers

-Leezer-

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 06:13:26 pm »

[...]
5. NEW: Audio Analyzer dialog is sizable, remembers last position, and doesn't disable the list during processing.
[...]
7. Fixed: Holding shift while drawing a right-click lasso in a list wouldn't do additive selection.
[...]
14. Changed: Track Info visualizations create the generated HTML file in the temporary folder instead of the Program Files folder (to avoid permissions issues).
[...]
I'd have 5. called "Fixed" instead of "NEW", but anyway: Thanks for this trio!!

Shouldn't it be "Rename, Move & Copy Files" (without the comma behind "Move")??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 06:21:17 pm »

We had this debate a few years ago on Interact about some other name.  I think the verdict was that the comma is optional.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 07:09:40 pm »

We had this debate a few years ago on Interact about some other name.  I think the verdict was that the comma is optional.

Comma or no comma, technically it should be 'and', not '&'.  That really is abuse of the ampersand.
Although personally I'd have thought 'Rename, move or copy files' would be more accurate anyway.

Regarding yet another change to the dropdown box Rename/move language, again I think 'or' is your friend here.
As it is now it's a bit ambiguous/confusing - the file changing directory is surely the same thing as it moving?  i.e. putting it into a full sentence, you're saying 'Rename files, moving them if they move to a different directory'.  Or for someone unfamiliar, 'directory changes' may imply the directory being renamed, in which case you wouldn't expect the file to move as such (i.e. if I rename a directory, any files in that directory stay where they are from a user perspective).  I know you're trying to say 'if the directory changes according to the rule', but to someone who hasn't yet worked out how the system works, I'd have thought that could be rather confusing.

How about something simple such as:
Rename or move files

If I remember correctly, originally it was 'Move and rename'.  Hence why I say 'or' is your friend.  It just lets people know what this function can do, without implying that it specifically will move or rename.

Ok, sorry for turning this thread into a grammar discussion.  Feel free to just ignore me, I know what it does anyway  ;D

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 02:54:51 am »

Using a filename rule that includes a dot '.' when ripping CD tracks still duplicates a part of the file name.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 04:04:14 am »

Although personally I'd have thought 'Rename, move or copy files' would be more accurate anyway.

I agree. I thought the same.

Regarding yet another change to the dropdown box Rename/move language, again I think 'or' is your friend here.
As it is now it's a bit ambiguous/confusing - the file changing directory is surely the same thing as it moving?  i.e. putting it into a full sentence, you're saying 'Rename files, moving them if they move to a different directory'.  Or for someone unfamiliar, 'directory changes' may imply the directory being renamed, in which case you wouldn't expect the file to move as such (i.e. if I rename a directory, any files in that directory stay where they are from a user perspective).  I know you're trying to say 'if the directory changes according to the rule', but to someone who hasn't yet worked out how the system works, I'd have thought that could be rather confusing.

How about something simple such as:
Rename or move files

If I remember correctly, originally it was 'Move and rename'.  Hence why I say 'or' is your friend.  It just lets people know what this function can do, without implying that it specifically will move or rename.

Before the change it was Rename (may move in some cases).

I suggested this:
"Rename (may move in some cases)" is a bit ambiguous description.
Maybe something like "Rename (moves files if the directory path changes)" would be better.

After my suggestion JRiver changed the phrase to Rename (moves files if directory changes)

As far as I can see, the idea is to explain that when the Directories part is ticked or the base path is different than before the option can be used for moving files from a folder to another.

I suppose that the more computer literate users would understand from the plain "rename" word that it can "move" files (after all, from the technical point of view the directory path is always part of the filename), but an easily understandable explanation is needed for the not-so-technical users who have previously used the separate "Move" tool and are trying to figure out how it works now.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 07:28:33 am »

Now everything I have been taught and my grammar books say it should have the comma. I did a quick Google and the first page that came up details their explanation in number 5: http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/commas.html
So what Matt said.
Jeff

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 09:08:35 am »

Now everything I have been taught and my grammar books say it should have the comma. I did a quick Google and the first page that came up details their explanation in number 5: http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/commas.html
So what Matt said.
In german a comma wouldn't be allowed there and I thought it is the same with english.
I was wrong so I'll be quiet ;)
Sorry for doing much ado about nothing ::)

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 12:26:27 pm »

using Sync Handheld to put mp3 copies of my flac files to a folder setup as a handheld, MC is creating duplicate files with a (1) in the filename, where previously it would not create a dupe using this method
. . . the game is rigged

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 03:51:52 pm »

Here's an interesting little bug: in album thumbnail view with file list pane at the bottom w/ image (large thumbnail) field, if you click on an album and then immediately on another, the thumbnail in the list pane will remain on the first album. It takes a couplt of clicks to get it to update to whichever album you have actually selected.

OK, I'm actually not able to reproduce this after having written this text (having minimised MC)... But I swear, it did do the above before... Just ignore this then I guess. I will post it anyway though, don't want to waste the effort of writting it ;). Maybe of some use, what do I know...
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

Slope

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 04:53:53 pm »

Hey pals,

I have encountered some weirdness with build 490 when running it on an ASIO driver whose sample rate is set to 96'000 Hz. I do this so I can work with studio quality files in the various Audio Tools and DAWs I use without having to switch it back to 96 every time.

Until now I have never had any problems with this setting when running MC in 'Direct Sound Mode'.

After installing MC 490, the pitch of files played dropped every 5-10 seconds for about a second to half speed until I switched the ASIO driver to 48'000 Hz.

Is there a simple explanation for this?

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 07:09:53 pm »

6. NEW: Audio Analyzer dialog can run multiple analyze processes at once. (defaults to 2)
I love this!
thank you

edit - I just noticed, you cannot drag files onto the audio analyzer?
The only option is to close it and send the next batch by right-click?
. . . the game is rigged

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 03:11:40 am »

Aside from the grammatical issues, wouldn't it be better to change the layout of the rename dialog and to put the preview pane below the options? Currently the preview pane requires much scrolling to compare old and new file names. Putting it below and setting the "Directories" and "Filename" options side-by-side above it would make the preview wider and so enhance the readability. Another optimization could be to place the original and new filenames above and below each other in the preview list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up